• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auto Help needed near Williams, AZ

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Hey folks.

Is anybody here around the Williams, AZ area? I bought a car on Bring A Trailer and I guess I forgot the trailer part as I got 60 Miles before the radiator hose blew and no hose for the car can be found today in time for somebody to put it on. We had planned our trip around bringing this beast home, seeing Grand Canyon, Petrified Forrest/Painted Desert and on back to ’Bama. I figured a few issues would be discovered; but, totally didn’t see this happening as the car has tons of records.

Issue is I cannot find a shipping company that can get to this car soon (let alone scammers); so I’m either going to have to tow the car to the dealer in Flagstaff (500 bucks after the tow last night from the South Rim Parking Lot to Williams. So I’m looking for somebody with a trailer who can help me get the car to Flagstaff or better help store the car until I can get a shipping company to pick it up.

Pushing a royal time limit after getting screwed by one shipper this morning and the shop here in Williams who said they couldn’t fix it and now demands their car be moved from the lot. Girlfriend has to be in New York this coming Tuesday. I have a rental car now after getting to flagstaff which is our current way home; but, have to do something with the the POS I bought. Already lost my ass on this one….

Thanks for any help/advice.

BytorJr

Reactions: Bender
Cant help, but I already know my luck. Id have never even tried!....Id be right where you are, age and wisdom doesnt tempt fate. Shit, even if I took a trailer, that is a guarantee the trailer tire would blow or a bearing would go out. Its why I carry spare trailer tire and bearings.

All my lessons have been hard lessons.

Hope someone can help.

@Marinevet1. ha…yes, it used to be primarily a site for restoration/project cars; but it’s literally just an auction site now. ONe would think that instead of being a smart ass, one could offer constructive advice….basically if yoU cannot open your mouth and not be an assfucking gay ass punk,then shut it.

@Marinevet1. ha…yes, it used to be primarily a site for restoration/project cars; but it’s literally just an auction site now. ONe would think that instead of being a smart ass, one could offer constructive advice….basically if yoU cannot open your mouth and not be an assfucking gay ass punk,then shut it.
Youve been here long enough to know you just invited a bandwagon of shit starters, right?

Youve been here long enough to know you just invited a bandwagon of shit starters, right?
F8F7E7D0-734E-4E03-9316-E351612327F9.jpeg

I'd have definitely left out the "I bought it on bring a trailer, and didn't bring a trailer" if I didn't want the smart ass remarks, knowing Id still get them. Thats the beauty of the pit. One guys points out your faults and the next shows up to help you out. We all take turns being one or the other. Wish I could help but Im a bit too far for this one.

I know exactly what Bring a trailer is, look at it almost daily.............poor planning on your part is what your problem is.............good luck you assfucking gay ass punk

How bad did the hose blow out? You are 38 miles to flagstaff.

I had to fix a radiator hose that "blew" once. The hole was about 1/4 inch long. Wrapped electrical tape around hole and then cut up a mountain dew can wrapped around the hose centered around the hole and used the rest of the tape to wrap the can in place.

Repair lasted the 150mi I needed to get home for a new hose.

How bad did the hose blow out? You are 38 miles to flagstaff.

I had to fix a radiator hose that "blew" once. The hole was about 1/4 inch long. Wrapped electrical tape around hole and then cut up a mountain dew can wrapped around the hose centered around the hole and used the rest of the tape to wrap the can in place.

Repair lasted the 150mi I needed to get home for a new hose.
And leave the radiator cap loose.

What kind of car.
I would think you could find something at a NAPA or any auto parts store that could be made to work.
Used to get the right length of universal radiator hose some gallons of juice and off we'd go again.
Or am I showing my age.
Once, taped the shit out of a split hose. packed river water in empty beer cans up to the pickup and left the cap loose so it wouldn't build pressure to get us the last 50 miles home :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well, thanks to the two folks nearby who reached out. FORTUNATELY and IN THEORY I found a shop here in Williams that will even handle putting it on a transporter even if they cannot fix it. More than I could ask there. However, we all know, nothing is a done deal.

Good idea about the tape. May or may not work. I’ve never seen such a small bearing for a hose to seal upon. TINY. Damn German made car….should have stuck with air cooled :)

Still wanting to know if it's Miata sized or 1962 Lincoln sized.

Can't imagine there's much difference to trailering between those two.

Oh.....wait.

In the future it generally helps to tell people what car and what else you have to work with.

Uhaul rents trucks and car trailers. I'm not big on towing with a half ton, but I'm ok if it's not mine 🤣

Should have just had it shipped in the first place if you were worried about being stranded. I always carry tools and fix my own junk though. I'm the guy that is rebuilding a motor in a O'Reilly's parking lot during a road trip...

Reactions: WAMBO
I'm the guy that is rebuilding a motor in a O'Reilly's parking lot during a road trip...
Ive seen you a few times then! I have felt bad for you and been jealous at the same time. I can fix a lot of shit but cars and small engines are my nemesis. Really wish I would have learned more about engine repair.

Ive seen you a few times then! I have felt bad for you and been jealous at the same time. I can fix a lot of shit but cars and small engines are my nemesis. Really wish I would have learned more about engine repair.

It's just like anything else. It goes back together how it came apart....

Reactions: AmmoFort
Oh I can take shit apart! Its the figuring out what needs to come apart thats the problem.

One stuck bolt or rounded nut away from a 1 hour job taking all day. I can't tell you how many times something stuck or something broke while taking shit apart, and fuck me if a simple fix then turns into an entire weekend.

Reactions: zeroz
No ones fault but your own.
Don't take it to the dealer if you can't afford to pay the bill and get the truck back :D

It was always "we're stacked up, can't get parts, can't get a tech, etc."

I do appreciate that Ford changes things every year for zero reason other than to make things harder for their owners.

Last time I've ever had a truck "under warranty". Free fixes are pointless if I'm paying for it to sit.

What are you guys doing? I broke a transmission in half, and bought a kit and a junkyard one to rebuild. $300 had broke college me back on the road, the rather than $3000 at a shop.

It was $30 for an ATSG manual to figure it out. Wasn't hard.

You guys act like you're spitting parts out of the engine, when most of the times it's stupid little things that just bolt on to the outside. Water pumps, alternators, sensors, etc.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
What are you guys doing? I broke a transmission in half, and bought a kit and a junkyard one to rebuild. $300 had broke college me back on the road, the rather than $3000 at a shop.

You guys act like you're spitting parts out of the engine, when most of the times it's stupid little things that just bolt on to the outside. Water pumps, alternators, sensors, etc.
Lol. For my part I was insinuating that many people when they put it back together will have more than a few parts left over, and that's if it ever does go back together.

I think I took the wrong bolt out. Are you available to help
CAFBA25B-0FC7-4E6E-AA61-0D40F4AE2BAA.jpeg

Is that cross shaft the oil or fuel pump drive shaft? Looks like it needs a new gear... 🥳
Fuel pump drive shaft. It’s just a funky angle I think, still works well. Well I say it did when I pulled the manual fuel pump and went electronic. Probably put a manual setup back in it though