• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Auto Ordnance 1911A1 Army

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
I was thinking of picking one of these up $450. Pretty ruff but I like the 1911A1 look compared to most flashy 1911's today and US Army rolled on the slide tops it off. US Made.

Any input good or bad?

Re: Auto Ordnance 1911A1 Army?

I just went over to their website and checked them out, The look great. enjoy it.

I don't know their quality now but they used to be great for the money. By great I mean the quality of the steel not the fit. Fit and finish was crap.

I've owned a 45 and a 38 super. Both were great pistols but needed some trigger work, replacement bushings and a proper link.

If you just need a pliker for throwing lead, they're great.

So, Sat I will most likely pick the Auto Ord up unless something comes to fruition on it, I handled one again and it felt much better. Trigger is a little ruff.

I spent about an hour reading reviews and about what I thought, some good some bad but it seems most of the bad was regurgitated from one source meaning, did they actually hold and shoot one or just read something and say just repeat the juju.

Its not a carry, comp, etc. shortgun but just for fun with traditional M1911A1 look 80 series though. Mags suck everything I read said. But with the Auto Ord I can if I want, tinker it my way instead of their way with the money saved.

Thanks

if you want to tinker and don't care about aesthetics get it. Tinker all you want, get it right then out shoot the guy with the Sig, Colt or high end customs.

Think how many guns you can have for that 2500 dollar rig.