• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auto Trickler V3 problem

cast1

Polyhobbyism sufferer
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
So my V3 with the area 419 upgrades will sometimes freak out when the trickler is running. It makes this buzzing sound and spews powder all over the scale, resulting in a mess and an overthrow. Also, if I leave the charge sitting there for a couple hours, the weight will drift, usually up, then my zero is off by .02-.04 when I dump the charge.

Anybody else had either of these issues???

So my V3 with the area 419 upgrades will sometimes freak out when the trickler is running. It makes this buzzing sound and spews powder all over the scale, resulting in a mess and an overthrow. Also, if I leave the charge sitting there for a couple hours, the weight will drift, usually up, then my zero is off by .02-.04 when I dump the charge.

Anybody else had either of these issues???

Drift will always be a thing - just rezero when that occurs. Can you post a video of the "spew" problem?

Also, while there's a thread looking at V3 issues (sorry to hijack - a little), I've been having an issue lately where when the unit is in the trickle stage, it doesn't slow down soon enough, and it overthrows. Has anyone run into this?

Reactions: Wolf8298
Re the buzzing, you probably have a cable going bad. Buy some spares and swap the current one out. Those little wires get broken, esp[ecially if you are moving the unit/components.

Reactions: John Glidewell
Adam emailed and said it was vibration. It does sound like chatter on a lathe. Gonna polish it up and see.

I've heard the vibration before, but never really had an issue. I just assumed it was normal for a stepper motor.

Lot’s of cheap trickler’s around, everyone is switching to the ingenuity trickler.
I just set mine up last week, love it.

I had this happen too. Switched to an IP trickler and never looked back.

Try a very small amount of oil on the brass bushings, less than a drop. Wipe the inside of the cup clean with a alcohol soaked rag. I did this to mine, no issues.
Brass bushings need oil for lubricant, they are porous like a sponge.
Some starter motors make this noise, if you oil the bushings it goes away for a long time. If you grease them it lasts only a very short time.