• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Automated Apex 10 - Making sure I do this right

program4444

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2022
Michigan
I am relatively new to reloading, learning on single-stage press at the moment. I am building a new house that will have a room for my firearms and reloading. Having been a former pitcher, my shoulder is shot, so the repetitive motion of pulling a handle isn't fun. So, while I'll have a couple single stages in the reloading room, I am set on getting an automated press as well. Fear not, I will use the press manually until I have it mastered, but will automate it eventually.

All that to say Mark 7 is offering something like $1300 off its automated Apex 10 with sensors, dies, etc for Black Friday. I want to make sure that I get the right stuff to get going on this when the time is right, so want to make sure my order makes sense. I plan to reload for 9mm, 223, 300 BO and 308. I will keep the 6.5CM to the single stage and use the autotrickler on those.

So I am thinking to get started I would buy the black friday kit in 223, but the case feeder conversions for small pistol and large rifle, shell plates for 9mm and 308, and a couple spare toolheads. Does that sound right? I know it is an expensive setup, but something I plan to do anyway. Just want to make sure I don't miss something or that I am buying the wrong items.

I will be buying a Mr. Bulletfeeder on down the road as well -- before the press gets setup in the new house.

Thanks in advance.

Go to ultimate reloader on YouTube. He’s got a bunch of videos on the Mark7. And I wouldn’t fear the automation part, you could load 223 all day long on that thing.