• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Automatic dispensing powder scale

Shootinsurveyor

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
VA
I've got a manual RCBS scale that works fine for what I need to do. I'm curious if the automatic dispensers are worth looking at to speed up the process. The current process being scooping powder and trickling in until I hit the number I want. I was watching Ultimate Reloader on Youtube talk about the new Hornady scale and it looked pretty sweet. Powders I use consist of H4350 and Varget. I know some powders meter better than others. Seems like the cost could be worthwhile if it can speed things up a bit without sacrificing accuracy of the charge.

Anyone got any real world use with the any of the scales that go for around 400 bucks? (Chargemaster, Hornady, Etc)

Totally worth it over manually scooping and trickling up. While you seat a bullet it is making powder or the next one so it removes all the time you are sitting there scrunched over looking at the balance beam, major time savings.

I think the chargemaster is better than the hornady but I think both would be an improvement. Maybe not in powder accuracy if youre doing a good job already yourself, but in time expenses it will at least.

I can safely say that an auto powder scale is the one thing I could not do without.

A Chargemaster or the like will cut the time and tediousness out of your precision rifle reloading like you wouldn’t believe.

I can safely say that an auto powder scale is the one thing I could not do without.

A Chargemaster or the like will cut the time and tediousness out of your precision rifle reloading like you wouldn’t believe.
I agree, I love the RCBS ChargeMaster. I've been using one since the first came out. I would never be without one. Worth every penny it costs.

I liked the Chargemaster so much I now own two.
So yes, they are worth their weight.
There’s a YouTube video out there that compares the Hornady, RCBS and the expensive one, the name escapes me at the moment, but it’s worth a watch.

I remember the day I got an electronic powder throw, what a revelation it was!
I had the Hornandy, it was fussy but once you learned it’s quirks it’s ok.
The RCBS is definitely the better unit.

An even bigger revelation was when I got my V3.
35+ seconds to throw 90+ grains of N570 vs 8-10 seconds.

Well, found some cabelas points and a old giftcard from Christmas. Ordered a Chargemaster Lite. Figure thats about as nice as a guy who still uses all Lee equipment is allowed. Thanks for all the comments pushing me in hopefully the right direction. Met a guy yesterday who has a autotrickler. I would have to seriously up my reloading game to make that feasible.

Get the charge master 1500. I got a used one of the hide and there great. If it went down I'd pay full price for another one

I’ve been using a Chargemaster Lite exclusively for about 1.5 years...

For what we do, as long as you’re in a node, it won’t hold you back at all.
4DDB64EC-714D-4C53-BE35-163969068152.jpeg

FCF8074B-8CFE-4C21-8E7B-583D6D18EC62.jpeg

E29D8C63-5B3A-4CE7-B093-93F49EDDBD2D.jpeg