• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autothrow choking on N570

Choid

Anti Bodyfat Activist
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Loading a batch of 300 Norma and my throw is choking relatively frequently on N570. Is this a known issue because of the big, tough kernels, or can i do something to deal with it? Thanks in advance.

Yes, this issue has come up before. You may want to jump in line for a v4, the new design should solve the big booty kernel issues.

Reactions: phlegethon
I found it got stuck a lot more after about 80 grains, I think that's enough that you get bridging in the throwing chamber. You may want to try dialing it down until it throws twice. Agree that this design doesn't work well with giant kernel powders and the V4 is the real solution.

Reactions: spife7980
I’ve seen guys use a volume scoop then trickle up manually. The new 568 on the horizon promises to help alleviate this problem as well. Word being that it’s basically a short cut 570. For now, I got so frustrated, I use a tablespoon then broke out the old RCBS trickler to fine tune.

Ive gotten to the point with the V3 AutoTrickler that I just use Lee scoops to pour the initial charge then let it autotrickle to the final weight. Its still pretty fast with none of that “gggrrrr-dudududududud-grrrrrrdddd”

Ive gotten to the point with the V3 AutoTrickler that I just use Lee scoops to pour the initial charge then let it autotrickle to the final weight. Its still pretty fast with none of that “gggrrrr-dudududududud-grrrrrrdddd”
Did you just unplug the autothrower?

I've had this issue with Varget. I removed the belt from the autothrower and turn it by hand. I got tired of fucking around with it, and I think it's slightly faster anyway. I might have the V2 version; I'm not really sure to be honest.

Mine does the same thing. I use a scoop now and disable the autothrow via the app.

Some fits were thrown, but 200 rounds were loaded. Shooting 300 Norma always makes me wonder why I load for 300 PRC as well. Reloading it reminds me why. 570 vs 26.

Reactions: Dogtown
.300NM is really impressive overall. I've been shooting .338LM for almost 20 years, and back in 2015 upgraded to .338LM Improved for all things ELR. In the last year though since I got a .300NM barrel, it's effectively kicked vanilla .338LM out of my line-up (now I only use my 18" barrel for compact fun). And now I'm at the point where I might be forced to switch the .338 to 285gr Flatline bullets because the .330NM with 220LRs is really giving it a challenge.

My V3 chokes on anything and never worked correctly. I drop the charge manually the let it trickle. It is OK that way but damn..

My V3 has been great - only giving me problems with N570. Get in touch with Adam Mac - he's really good about helping to fix problems with his products.

I bought another hopper and drilled one out to use with N570. I have also used a Frankford Arsenal powder throw on the bench and just let the V3 auto trickle.

And that works? I was expecting the rotating powder throwing mechanism to be the problem, not the hopper? Or does the opened up hopper just drop the powder faster, preventing the mechanism from catching the big kernels?

And that works? I was expecting the rotating powder throwing mechanism to be the problem, not the hopper? Or does the opened up hopper just drop the powder faster, preventing the mechanism from catching the big kernals?
I've had bridging in both spots. From hopper to throw and in the throw itself.