• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 granite surface plate size.

JLP.Payette

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
What size surface plates are the best fit for the autotrickler v3? I’ve researched and it appears a 9x12x2” will work. Pics of your setups would be appreciated.

I have that size and it works well for a smaller work area. I'd probably get a 12" X 12" if I had more room. I'll post pictures later.

Reactions: JLP.Payette
The Autotrickler V3 on a 12" X 9" slab.

Attachments

• atrickslab1.jpg
    atrickslab1.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 197
  • atrickslab2.jpg
    atrickslab2.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 173
(y)

My AT is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'll get one of these on order.

Thanks

What do you guy's think a surface plate is doing to benefit you?

The plate is still subject to the same laws of physics the rest of your bench is subject to. In fact being a rigid material, granite is actually transmitting more vibrations than say.. a rubber pad. Or, rubber pads under the granite plate.

What do you guy's think a surface plate is doing to benefit you?

The plate is still subject to the same laws of physics the rest of your bench is subject to. In fact being a rigid material, granite is actually transmitting more vibrations than say.. a rubber pad. Or, rubber pads under the granite plate.
The point is the mass, and isolation via rubber feet.

And it's common in high precision applications (if they don't already use a vibration table). https://us.vwr.com/store/product/21096236/vwr-granite-platform-with-anti-vibration-isolation

So granite is half the equation. What are you using for effective "high grade silicone gel vibration isolators"?

It sounds like what you would want is silicone rubber between 25 and 75 Shore durometer. Beyond that unless someone posts damping test charts its not going to be easy to tell silicone grades apart.

Here are some Shore 60 feet 'platinum grade' with 150 lb capacity. Surely overpriced but that's the kind of thing I'd look for.

Last edited: