• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V4 pan - or Area 419?

wayno1

Private
Minuteman
Looking for opinions on whether the V4 Autotrickler pan is sufficient? Looking at a Arae 419 powder pan and am ordering a more substantial cage for the V4. Need to decide. Does powder pop out of the V4 supplied powder cup? Will be using Varget or similar rifle powder.
V4 on the way so I'd like to prepare.

Thanks!

The only way to know is to try them both and see which one you like. If you are already ordering other stuff from Area 419, you might was well order the cup too and try each one for a while.

I run two cups that are trimmed to identical weight and dump one while the other is filling. That works for the way I load but may not be good for everyone. YMMV

The only way to know is to try them both and see which one you like. If you are already ordering other stuff from Area 419, you might was well order the cup too and try each one for a while.

I run two cups that are trimmed to identical weight and dump one while the other is filling. That works for the way I load but may not be good for everyone. YMMV
Thanks very much! I guess I will try to use the supplied cup first. I have a 419 cup for the RCBS Chargemaster but too short for what the V4 looks like it needs. So yes, thanks will start with the supplied cup and see how well it works. No hurry with the season over.

Reactions: RegionRat
I didn't like the V4 cup because it was clear, a quick glance didn't tell you if there was any kernels stuck to the bottom you needed to concentrate a bit to make certain. If you have the cup positioned wrong either one will bounce powder out, I had to move my cup stopper when I changed to the 419 cup. If you don't have them already I'd highly recommend their funnel kit also

I own both and haven't been able to see any difference between them in performance. I currently use the glass powder cup that came with the V4 Autotrickler but will not hesitate to go back to the 419 cup if I was to drop and break the glass cup.

Thank you! Thats the 419 funnel kit, right? Will probably get a couple of their cups then. Thanks very much for the reply
Yes area 419 master funnel kit. I thought about 2 cups but I seat bullets during powder throws, it’s very rare that Im waiting for the thrower.

Thanks for the reply!
Only concern is to pry the centering device from the pan cover to move and accomofate the original glass cup. But I can probably duct tape it down during the trial period.
Thanks !

I've been using my V4 for two months now and I've had a grand total of 4 kernels of powder splash out of the glass cup. I kinda like the glass cup and I keep an old dryer sheet handy and wipe the cup down before each use to minimize static buildup and that seems to keep any kernels from sticking.
I've been dropping H4350, H4831SC and RL19.

Not that it matters, but the V4 "pan" is just an Arcoroc 00016 shot glass with a 3d printed handle.

You can get them for $2-3 a piece if you buy a case of 24. LOL.

Reactions: wayno1