• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Average Monthly Mortgage Payment Explodes to $3,322 In Biden’s America

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

The average monthly mortgage payment in Joe Biden’s America has soared to $3,322, per analysis from the Wall Street Journal.

That $3,322 is nearly double the average monthly mortgage payment when His Fraudulency assumed office. When former President Trump left office, the average monthly mortgage payment was $1,787.

WSJ analysis of the housing market:
Average monthly new home payment
when Biden took office: $1,787
Average monthly new home payment
today: $3,322 pic.twitter.com/OBqjAM9Hr3
— Tom Bevan (@TomBevanRCP) December 11, 2023

“Homeownership has become a pipe dream for more Americans,” writes the WSJ, “even those who could afford to buy just a few years ago.”
“Many would-be buyers were already feeling stretched thin by home prices that shot quickly higher in the pandemic, but at least mortgage rates were low,” the report adds. “Now that they are high, many people are just giving up.”
But let’s remember who these people are who are looking to enter the housing marketyoung people. And who do young people vote for overwhelmingly? Democrats. And so, allow me to welcome you to today’s edition of People Getting What They Vote For:

It is now less affordable than any time in recent history to buy a home, and the math isn’t changing any time soon. Home prices aren’t expected to go back to prepandemic levels. The Federal Reserve, which started raising rates aggressively early last year to curb inflation, hasn’t shown much interest in cutting them. Mortgage rates slipped to about 7% last week, the lowest in several months, but they are still more than double what they were two years ago.

This is good news for me. The wife and I purchased our home in 1997. Afterward, we worked hard and saved harder to pay it off by 2003. Ever since we’ve been saving our money for retirement, and now that we are Of A Certain Age where it’s no longer wise to try to ride out stock market downturns, we have taken advantage of these gloriously high interest rates Democrats voted for. Our money is now nice and safe and snug in an interest-bearing account working its butt off for us. Thanks, Unhoused Zoomers!

The average monthly mortgage payment in Joe Biden’s America has soared to $3,322, per analysis from the Wall Street Journal.

That $3,322 is nearly double the average monthly mortgage payment when His Fraudulency assumed office. When former President Trump left office, the average monthly mortgage payment was $1,787.

“Homeownership has become a pipe dream for more Americans,” writes the WSJ, “even those who could afford to buy just a few years ago.”
“Many would-be buyers were already feeling stretched thin by home prices that shot quickly higher in the pandemic, but at least mortgage rates were low,” the report adds. “Now that they are high, many people are just giving up.”
But let’s remember who these people are who are looking to enter the housing marketyoung people. And who do young people vote for overwhelmingly? Democrats. And so, allow me to welcome you to today’s edition of People Getting What They Vote For:

This is good news for me. The wife and I purchased our home in 1997. Afterward, we worked hard and saved harder to pay it off by 2003. Ever since we’ve been saving our money for retirement, and now that we are Of A Certain Age where it’s no longer wise to try to ride out stock market downturns, we have taken advantage of these gloriously high interest rates Democrats voted for. Our money is now nice and safe and snug in an interest-bearing account working its butt off for us. Thanks, Unhoused Zoomers!
Ok, I’m gonna ask, “how the hell did you pay your house off in 6 years?” I only have like $240,000 left on mine after equity from the last house and a couple hundred thousand down in cash on top of that and yet I still have that much left. There is no way in hell I’ll be paying that off in 6 years. You must make some damn good money. At 43 I’m still a long way off from paying off what I have left and that’s even refinancing to a 20 year in 2010 for like 2.5% interest.

Yeah but the beginning of next year the fed is supposed to drop like 2-2.5% to give the people a crumb right before election time to make it seem like they’re doing everyone a favor.
Good to know. Hope people dont confuse thier intentions, but i know the media is going to praise their lord and potato.

Ok, I’m gonna ask, “how the hell did you pay your house off in 6 years?” I only have like $240,000 left on mine after equity from the last house and a couple hundred thousand down in cash on top of that and yet I still have that much left. There is no way in hell I’ll be paying that off in 6 years. You must make some damn good money. At 43 I’m still a long way off from paying off what I have left and that’s even refinancing to a 20 year in 2010 for like 2.5% interest.
Its not entirely Joey's fault. Same thing havened to GHW Bush when Greenie raised rates.

The Fed raised interest rates from anot 3% to what ever it is now 7%? Look at an amoritzation chart and see the difference 4% makes on a 200K loan over 20-30 years For 3% it equals $843.21...Now check that at 6%....$1200. 7%=$1330, almost double. And you only get those rates if you've got great credit scores and debt to income ratio.

The way I avoided it is to just live below my means, pay off a small home and rollit to a better one.

1702327934559.png

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Some people have more will power than other's.

Almost 40% of US homeowners own their homes outright as of 2022—many of them baby boomers who refinanced when rates were low.Nov 17, 2023

Reactions: NoDopes
Yeah but the beginning of next year the fed is supposed to drop like 2-2.5% to give the people a crumb right before election time to make it seem like they’re doing everyone a favor.

Sort of like the slowly dropping price of gas. Globalists do not want "citizens" to own homes or property. Higher costs are a feature of all their plans.

Sort of like the slowly dropping price of gas. Globalists do not want "citizens" to own homes or property. Higher costs are a feature of all their plans.

Well if you look at the massive inventory of the homes for rent that companies owned by Blackstone bought that are sitting on the market not being rented and they’re having to drop the prices on you’ll see that despite their plan of driving home sales and mortgage rates up to push people into rentals aren’t working out that great thus far.

I hope it backfires so hard on them and Congress won’t bail them out.

Well if you look at the massive inventory of the homes for rent that companies owned by Blackstone bought that are sitting on the market not being rented and they’re having to drop the prices on you’ll see that despite their plan of driving home sales and mortgage rates up to push people into rentals aren’t working out that great thus far.

I thought that Congress bailed out everyone other than the ordinary working American.

They and a few others own Congress so why wouldnt their lacky's do as they're told.

Good lawdy. How much did you pay for your house?

Some people have more will power than other's.

Almost 40% of US homeowners own their homes outright as of 2022—many of them baby boomers who refinanced when rates were low.Nov 17, 2023

Something seems off with 40%, as mentioned a couple of posts after this, could this statistic include the homes acquired by corporate companies that now rent back the property for what use to be a monthly mortgage payment?
Article was covered without subscription.

Last edited:
You guys are missing the big picture....under potato joe property values doubled...hence the doubled mortgages. Nobody ever looks on the bright side anymore.
Really only matters if you’re an investor like BlackRock. The average Joe is not making anything with the property value if they purchase in the last few years. Baby boomers who want to downsize will make out.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Wait....why should I spend all my cash to pay off my home when I can earn double what my home loan costs me?? Who's math are we supposed to be using these days?
You know who...The Potato.

Wait....why should I spend all my cash to pay off my home when I can earn double what my home loan costs me?? Who's math are we supposed to be using these days?
Exactly. My auto loan in 2.5% My investment fund is earning around 6%. Paying the car oof would be the height of stupid. On top I have a GAP policy so if I total it and its worth less I dont lose.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I don't agree with financial advisors that say primary home debt is good debt
(the only good debt is business debt that generates more than enough revenue to pay the loan off on schedule, that would include rental property)

I will go against the popular majority of financial whiz bangs and say, if you can pay off your house, you should, but not if it takes every penny you have. You do still always need 6-12 months salary that is always 'near liquid' if you have a family and obligations. If you are single and don't give a fuck about anyone, I would lower that. You need a retirement plan of some sorts like a 401k and you need to at least put in your company match limit.

I am saying paying off house is not the #1 priority, but accepting a lifetime of payments shouldn't be the goal. You can fund different goals simultaneously

I had a 30 year mortgage I paid off in less than 20 years.

Didn't kill myself doing it, just made extra payments where ever I could. If I could work a side gig and pick up some extra cash, I put it towards the house. Don't take that the wrong way, I invested as well, so I had some from column A and some from column B

Moving from one house to another, I added some cash as needed, but I haven't had a mortgage payment in about 8 years now.

I do not plan on ever having another mortgage payment

If you are consistently good at investing, like rain man type, you are probably better off investing it all and maxing out that home loan. You should also invest using a margin account.

My risk tolerance isn't at that level
Taxes are usually a huge factor as well, you think you are earning 6% but the tax man takes a bite.

Each person has to have their individual plan they can sleep with at night. No one size fits all

I tend to pay cash. I like owning items.
Houses, yes. Once I got my first one paid for I've never not owned one outright. Might buy another financed if the rates are great but always keep the home base free and clear.

The car is a different story.

Say you buy an new car cash. You drive it 25K miles then its totaled. If. The insurance company will pay you the least it can and if thats less than the true value you lose the difference. If you have it financed at a good rate (2.5% is pretty good) and have GAP insurance, ($5 per month) the Gap pays the difference so you at least break even.

Sort of.

Same with appliances. Why pay cash when Best Buy will finance them for 0% for 18 months. Put your money in the investment account and earn 6%. I jsut put it on auto debit and forget about it except to keep cash in the checking acct.

I don't agree with financial advisors that say primary home debt is good debt
(the only good debt is business debt that generates more than enough revenue to pay the loan off on schedule, that would include rental property)

I will go against the popular majority of financial whiz bangs and say, if you can pay off your house, you should, but not if it takes every penny you have. You do still always need 6-12 months salary that is always 'near liquid' if you have a family and obligations. If you are single and don't give a fuck about anyone, I would lower that. You need a retirement plan of some sorts like a 401k and you need to at least put in your company match limit.

I am saying paying off house is not the #1 priority, but accepting a lifetime of payments shouldn't be the goal. You can fund different goals simultaneously

I had a 30 year mortgage I paid off in less than 20 years.

Didn't kill myself doing it, just made extra payments where ever I could. If I could work a side gig and pick up some extra cash, I put it towards the house. Don't take that the wrong way, I invested as well, so I had some from column A and some from column B

Moving from one house to another, I added some cash as needed, but I haven't had a mortgage payment in about 8 years now.

I do not plan on ever having another mortgage payment

If you are consistently good at investing, like rain man type, you are probably better off investing it all and maxing out that home loan. You should also invest using a margin account.

My risk tolerance isn't at that level
Taxes are usually a huge factor as well, you think you are earning 6% but the tax man takes a bite.

Each person has to have their individual plan they can sleep with at night. No one size fits all
What he says.

Houses, yes. Once I got my first one paid for I've never not owned one outright. Might buy another financed if the rates are great but always keep the home base free and clear.

The car is a different story.

Say you buy an new car cash. You drive it 25K miles then its totaled. If. The insurance company will pay you the least it can and if thats less than the true value you lose the difference. If you have it financed at a good rate (2.5% is pretty good) and have GAP insurance, ($5 per month) the Gap pays the difference so you at least break even.

Sort of.

Same with appliances. Why pay cash when Best Buy will finance them for 0% for 18 months. Put your money in the investment account and earn 6%. I jsut put it on auto debit and forget about it except to keep cash in the checking acct.
Proverbs 22:7.

Damn, I'm glad I'm not looking for a house!

Finished building ours in '05. Aside from the well, septic, & foundation, did it all ourselves with help from family. Saved $60-70k in labor. In '14, had an addition put on, paid cash for that, but still had a mortgage. In '15, walked into the bank and wrote them a check to pay that off. Wife thought I was nuts, but now I get complimented on that decision frequently. Just happened this afternoon, actually. :)

ETA: And we gtfo of the city. I have a 100 yd. range off our deck, and I hunt out back too. :cool:

My $1300/month mortgage went up to $1700/month because of increased taxes and insurance. I locked in on a 3% fixed 2 years ago. I have the house I want and don't plan on selling anytime soon so what do high property values matter except costing me $400 more every month on top of double digit inflation costing me more money at every cash register.

Fuck Biden and fuck this entire Constitution hating globalist government. Every single politician is in it for themselves, and only pretend to care by passing meaningless laws because of their egotistical drive to "leave their legacy". Fuck them all.

My $1300/month mortgage went up to $1700/month because of increased taxes and insurance. I locked in on a 3% fixed 2 years ago. I have the house I want and don't plan on selling anytime soon so what do high property values matter except costing me $400 more every month on top of double digit inflation costing me more money at every cash register.

Fuck Biden and fuck this entire Constitution hating globalist government. Every single politician is in it for themselves, and only pretend to care by passing meaningless laws because of their egotistical drive to "leave their legacy". Fuck them all.
The state loves you and your commitment to house the homeless.

Honestly, it's the property taxes we should be concerned about as we have near zero control over those. Insurance as well. Pointed out by @JMGlasgow above. You could have zero mortgage but if your property taxes and insurance skyrocket and you become unemployed due to the fall of society, watcha gonna do? State gonna own your house now.

The state loves you and your commitment to house the homeless.

Most of the homeless people here in Cheyenne want to be. They do nothing to change and continue to live that way. My taxes shouldn't go toward any of it. We are the equality state, not the equity state.

Rino Mark Gordon can go suck a dick too. Him and his Democrat buddies are ruining this state and selling us and our energy to California while polluting our skylines with those piece of shit wind turbines.

People in this state have a really bad habit of blindly voting for a candidate solely based on the letter next to their name. If you're a leftist asshole but run as a Republican you're almost guaranteed to win in most districts. And the spinless R's let it happen.

Proverbs 22:7.
Fair enough.

My 'justification' is that I have enough to pay it off if I want, so with the 6% Im getting on my money its a 3% net profit on my investment. ;)

I should also add that I’ve only been in it 7 years and while it has doubled value according to the state, has it really increased I value considering all other homes have gone up roughly the same because of the market and the economy we now find ourselves in? I’d argue that most people’s gains now are a wash consider what everything else costs now! My internet bill has also gone up 14% in the last 5 months. 9% before that. Think my pay has gone up 23% in the last year? And why isn’t it everyone everywhere asks you for more money? Go out to eat and they ask would you like to round up for xyz. Order a pie, forget the delivery fee they charge you, you are supposed to tip the driver. Fuck me someone at my office was tipping the damn UPS driver the other day. Shit the UPS guy probably pulls more than I do. Why should we as customers pay to offset people’s wages cause companies aren’t paying their people enough?

Last edited:
Reactions: kenny1773
And yet retards keep voting for property tax increases because it's for the children and funds education. It's only .3%, you'll never notice. Year after year after year. Taxation is fucking theft.
Over 20+ years of the percentage increases, it can compound into a monster overall increase as compared to the beginning.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Honestly, it's the property taxes we should be concerned about as we have near zero control over those. Insurance as well. Pointed out by @JMGlasgow above. You could have zero mortgage but if your property taxes and insurance skyrocket and you become unemployed due to the fall of society, watcha gonna do? State gonna own your house now.
If you see youre going to lose it a few months in advance, make sure your 'replacement cost insurance' is paid in full and be very open to careless accidents.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Most of the homeless people here in Cheyenne want to be. They do nothing to change and continue to live that way. My taxes shouldn't go toward any of it. We are the equality state, not the equity state.

Rino Mark Gordon can go suck a dick too. Him and his Democrat buddies are ruining this state and selling us and our energy to California while polluting our skylines with those piece of shit wind turbines.

People in this state have a really bad habit of blindly voting for a candidate solely based on the letter next to their name. If you're a leftist asshole but run as a Republican you're almost guaranteed to win in most districts. And the spinless R's let it happen.
Its the same everywhere. They dot want a house they just wan to slide by The Dimmie's want to 'Save'them. I know one girl who has her place staked out in Charlottesville. Thats 'Her Spot' for begging. The welfare provides her with a nice apt, food stamps, a phone, a check, and she hangs out and begs,

If they want to live in camps IDGAF as long as

-I dont have to see it
-I dont have to pay for it
-they dont impede traffic

The math of holding debt simply because it’s at a lower rate than what you may earn in a savings account is minimal and to me, splitting hairs and exposing unnecessary risk.

Take a simple $100k as an example. A 3% rate on the loan means you’re giving the bank $3k a year. A damn good high yield savings account gives you 5%, earning you $5116 compounded, that is taxed at your highest tax bracket, middle range income that’s 22% at another $1125 to the feds and whatever more if you have state income taxes, leaving you at $3891. That means you held back all that money versus paying down the debt for $891, less than $75 a month.

Yeah, $75 bucks a month is $75 bucks, but you’re feeding the mega banking system in the process. It can be argued investing in the stock market potentially earns more as well as keeps gains unrealized until sold, but that money is eventually going to get taxed and the market’s volatility exposes more risk into the fold.

The banks fucking hate us and just want us to keep sending them more money, while simultaneously promoting an agenda against our ideals. We are sheep to them, and they want nothing more than for us to stay stuck in an endless debt cycle. The big banks are attacking gun owners and manufacturers, wanting to track us and blockading manufacturers and dealers from loans and payment systems. I see zero reason to give them one fucking penny more than we have to.

And if you’re a banker and don’t like what I have to say? Fuck you.

The math of holding debt simply because it’s at a lower rate than what you may earn in a savings account is minimal and to me, splitting hairs and exposing unnecessary risk.

Take a simple $100k as an example. A 3% rate on the loan means you’re giving the bank $3k a year. A damn good high yield savings account gives you 5%, earning you $5116 compounded, that is taxed at your highest tax bracket, middle range income that’s 22% at another $1125 to the feds and whatever more if you have state income taxes, leaving you at $3891. That means you held back all that money versus paying down the debt for $891, less than $75 a month.

Yeah, $75 bucks a month is $75 bucks, but you’re feeding the mega banking system in the process. It can be argued investing in the stock market potentially earns more as well as keeps gains unrealized until sold, but that money is eventually going to get taxed and the market’s volatility exposes more risk into the fold.

The banks fucking hate us and just want us to keep sending them more money, while simultaneously promoting an agenda against our ideals. We are sheep to them, and they want nothing more than for us to stay stuck in an endless debt cycle. The big banks are attacking gun owners and manufacturers, wanting to track us and blockading manufacturers and dealers from loans and payment systems. I see zero reason to give them one fucking penny more than we have to.

And if you’re a banker and don’t like what I have to say? Fuck you.
I think the same way. Besides, most people aren’t going to get that magical 6% unless they are buying the S&P 500 on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis.

Exactly zero banks were offering good interest on savings, money markets, or CD’s in the last 20 years until the recent rate hikes.

I paid zero interest when I paid cash for my cars.

I paid zero interest on the homes I paid cash for.

I’m not interested in paying someone to owe them money.

And if you’re a banker and don’t like what I have to say? Fuck you. 🤣
Yore not wrong, but buying into the stock market is basically investing with the same parasitic system as the banksters. Corrupt is corrupt.

Reactions: Charmingmander