• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Avoid this Guy

Re: Avoid this Guy

To OP, We need more than that to go by.... You have TOTAL of "3" posts here including this thread w/o properly filled profile/info.

Your past posts do not reflect any 10/22 threads.

Please advise and post additional info., Appreciate it.

No more info than you have given your short story needs to be longer...........

If he needs to be avoided please give us some more info.

thanks,

Keith

We're glad you're here and trying to help. But you need to fill in your profile. Then give more info on the guy in question.

I thought you weren't allowed to buy or sell using the trading here until you got to 51 posts...

as a side note, the debate begins, should I continue to post or quit now
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SD669</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought you weren't allowed to buy or sell using the trading here until you got to 51 posts...

as a side note, the debate begins, should I continue to post or quit now
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You can buy....no selling.

Sorry to here he "Welched" on you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long story short, This guy took me for over $400, pbs<span style="color: #FF0000">welch</span>[email protected]. He seems to list 10/22 stuff.</div></div>

how did you pay? postal money orders are best. if he was out of state doesnt that make it mail fraud? sorry to hear that, but more info would help

Ok, guess you are interested, I purchased a advertised Volquartsen trigger used for $125, paid with pay pal, He sent me a standard ruger trigger painted silver and well used. Next day before I had received the trigger he was advertising, on Gun List, a older 10/22 with extras for $350 I agreed to purchase and again paid with pay pal, This time, he said he sent the rifle directly to me, I'm not a FFL, then when it doesn't arrive, implies that I am at fault for not sending him FFL info, I don't have record since I mailed it to him. Lesson learned always get return receipt!! I have purchased a number of firearms over the last year,on the internet, with nothing but excellent success, dealing with 2nd admendment friends, I'm not asking for anyone to solve my problem or even asking for sympthy, THIS HEADS-UP IS JUST FOR YOUR INFO!! Oh, I did work on my profile a little, sorry, I'm a 69 year old, disabled viet nam vet, prototype Spectre crew, still a flag waving patroit. Nice to meet all of your, consider this my FNG post.

dont sweat it, sorry to hear about the incident. i am no expert, but it sounds like he has violated a few federal laws. you have a few things on your side, the paypal transaction will help. how did you pay for the rifle? money order? check? thats still a paper trail. do you have emails from him? contact the law or DA in his area. dont let this slide. others may have ideas that will help. you didnt ask for help, but i bet you get some anyway.

thank you for your service and sacrifice in service to our country.

Pretty sure PP is anti-gun and it is against their policy to use PP for firearm related items.....that's why most people that take PP ask it be discreet.

Bummer deal but you should have known somthing was queer when he didn't ask for your FFL lisence....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call pay pal and file a colplaint, they will give you your money back, they are very good at getting people there money back</div></div>

Actually too good. I've been a seller and had to fight w/ PP to get my money cause the guy tried to fight for his money despite the tracking numbers and so forth!!!

Axeman is right. If you paid thru paypal you have a papertrail. And you have this guy by the balls. Paypal will eat this guy alive, especially if he shipped a firearm without following the proper procedures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as you mention the word "firearm" to paypal, they will freeze both of your accounts and will stop talking to you. </div></div>

EXACTLY....consider the money gone. You cant file a claim

If you're willing to lose your paypal account, file a claim with them, at the very least they'll freeze his account and maybe take some funds from the bastard as well.

Is this his Paypal address? [email protected] I'll report him, paypal already froze my account
smile.gif

I appreciate all the imput, Understand about pay pal and frankly have been trying to cancel, but like e-bay it is impossible to get out. I will however immediately withdraw my balance. I'm now seeing why he suggested I use pay pal, he actually has some protection, also he says he mailed rifle thru PO, but he really did not, again a note to worry his buyer. Pretty clever for a old duffer who can neither type nor spell. THIS IS ALSO INTERESTING, SOMEONE REQUESTED A TEMPORARY PASSWORD CHANGE FOR ME ON THIS SITE--TOOK ME AWHILE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SIGN IN AGAIN!! I will handle the guy and I do have his phone# and close enough address in a small town. Times are tough, but we do have to live with ourselves.

Tunni,

Sorry for your loss. But working within the PayPal system is really pretty easy. If it's listed for sale on e-bay; like stocks, optics, scopes, rings, et al. Then your private sale is ok. If it is not sold on ebay, like guns, ammo, and mags for example, NEVER use Paypal, even discreetly.

For very small items, like brass, and bullets, sales under a $50. I would use paypal, even if they say I cannot, because I cannot lose very much. But firearms no way.

Because like you found you loose all protections.

Bob

I picked these items up on gun list, which is just a free classified, I have over 100 transactions on e-bay, but they now dictate how to pay and receive, too many restrictions for me, I'm good with Craig's list. Sharp obvervation on the Spectre, some don't reconize, but the AC 130 was and is a awsome weapon.

The bottom line is, 1. this guys doesn't even post on this site, 2. you are brand new bringing "dirt" inside the house, we don't post negative transaction information we just boot the offender. 3. It's not a good way to start in my opinion.

this isn't Gun List, Gun Broker, Guns America, etc... go there and complain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunni</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> some don't reconize, but the AC 130 was and is a awsome weapon. </div></div>

Not all of us....
smile.gif

Here you go Tunni, this should bring up a few memories. I just watched this the other day.

Behold the awesome firepower of the AC 130.

http://military.discovery.com/videos/worlds-deadliest-aircraft-shorts-ac130-part2.html

-Pat

I've seen the Spectres in action personally. Good stuff.

As for the OP: sucks that you got burned but after all your eBay and other experiences, you should be well-versed in how to protect yourself at least somewhat.

Memories, Yes and Angels come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and some go.... Bzzzzzzzzz....Bzzzzzzzz.......Bzzzzzzzz just when they are needed, then fly away.

Damm, touchy touchy I guess we all have different memories, as for complaining or whinning here, please read the posts, and if you prefer lolight, buy something from Mr Welch, Pat, thank you for the video reference, that was completely accurate and the best I had seen. I was there for eight months with one airplane and two crews until the others began to arrive. As I look back on it, it is one of those things I wouldn't take a million dollars for, nor do again for a million.

I would like to apologize for the touchy touchy post, for me this thread was intended simply as a heads-up. However, I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to hear from some incountry troops and what the Gunship meant to them, War from altitude is very impersonable, but hearing from some who saw and experienced the results, special for me, thanks again regards Bill

Well Tunni, you are a HIDE member now,and we appreciate our Warriors. Regards and Thanks for what you did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long story short, This guy took me for over $400, [email protected]. He seems to list 10/22 stuff. </div></div>

I kinda feel for the OP, but:
1. The transaction had nothing to do with the 'Hide.
2. The OP doesn't have the guys name, nor has he listed the other address or what city / area the other guy lives in.
3. The OP admits he tried to bypass the laws for firearms by trying to purchase a firearm without it being shipped through a FFL (doesn't apply if its within his state).

Sir, it sucks you got taken advantage of. Seems like it'd be better to post your "heads up" over on RimfireCentral.