• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW/AE/AICS mag diffrences

I'm trying to find a replacement spring for my AXSR 308 magazine product id 28538BL. I tried to contact Accuracy international Inquiries and they said that they do not sell replacement springs. Anyone know where I may be able to find one that works?

I'm trying to find a replacement spring for my AXSR 308 magazine product id 28538BL. I tried to contact Accuracy international Inquiries and they said that they do not sell replacement springs. Anyone know where I may be able to find one that works?
Long shot, but how about Wolff Springs? Or maybe contact Mile High?

Never heard of Wolff Springs but just googled them and that seems like a good option. I have a second mag that I could send the spring in if they need to reference it. Thanks!

Check with EuroOptic and MileHigh

I have a AI chassis.
Marked this way on the box.
AX AICS 2 0 Remington Long Action 338 Lapua Magnum

I bought this for a 338 Lapua project. Now I would like to use it for a 300 PRC build.

Is this possible? If so should which magazines would I use? AICS 300 Win Mag?

What is the difference between the AW and AX double stack versions.

If I get a custom action with the "AW cut" do I need to restrict myself to AW versions or will my AX magazines work

Last edited:
What is the difference between the AW and AX double stack versions.

If I get a custom action with the "AW cut" do I need to restrict myself to AW versions or will my AX magazines work
Ax mags have a small forward facing lip on the front the mag at the top, vs aw just being flat. This holds the ax mag nose up in the chassis. Ive ran aw and ax in my atx and they feed the same.

I have a short action Savage(4.4 Action Screw Hole Spacing) with CDI bottom metal in a McMillan A5. If I’m reading this thread right, people who have CDI bottom metal installed on their Savage Rifles are able to use Accuracy International AW Magazines without any problems?