• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW / AX mag extension

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Does anyone make one? I do a google search and all I get are hits for AICS extensions, where they say it will NOT work with AW mags.

AW/AX mags have a welded bottom so good luck trying to get an extension.

No extensions for them as they are welded at the bottom. +0 base plates exist but I haven’t been able to find any recently.

The only way to make it work would be to cut the bottom off the mag, cut tabs into the existing mag walls and bend them outward to give the extension something to attach to, THEN add an extension. I have seen one or two people do this in the past, and I have a friend experimenting with it right now, but I wouldn't expect to see it happen on any kind of large scale.

there is one company who is doing a base plate/extension for the AW/AX mags. you have to cut the mag a specific way to leave "tabs" then bend the taps so the base plate slides on. and then it will go from an 11 to a 12 round mag. seems like a lot of work to get 1 round. although the base plate is nice to grab on to. not sure i would go through the effort. maybe to get 14.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
there is one company who is doing a base plate/extension for the AW/AX mags. you have to cut the mag a specific way to leave "tabs" then bend the taps so the base plate slides on. and then it will go from an 11 to a 12 round mag. seems like a lot of work to get 1 round. although the base plate is nice to grab on to. not sure i would go through the effort. maybe to get 14.

I wish someone would step up and just make an aftermarket 12-14rd AW pattern mag. If MDT can make a BR-style mag, someone should be able to do an AW.