• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW inlet question

glider

Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Argyle NY 12809
Looking for help understanding how an AW mag works . Does stock inlet differ between AICS mags and AW ?
There have been problems with feed lips catching when using AICS with an AW set up . If I buy an action with AW cut does the problem occur from how action is cut when switching to AICS or depth of inlet?
What I am trying to do is use a stock which works with AICS mags and action with an AW cut .

Looking for help understanding how an AW mag works . Does stock inlet differ between AICS mags and AW ?
There have been problems with feed lips catching when using AICS with an AW set up . If I buy an action with AW cut does the problem occur from how action is cut when switching to AICS or depth of inlet?
What I am trying to do is use a stock which works with AICS mags and action with an AW cut .
I don't know the exact differences, but somewhere there is a thread detailing them precisely, with pictures. Can't search it up for you at the moment but you'll find it if you look. Maybe someone else recalls the thread as well?

I don't know the exact differences, but somewhere there is a thread detailing them precisely, with pictures. Can't search it up for you at the moment but you'll find it if you look. Maybe someone else recalls the thread as well?
Found thread Aw vs AICS but pics for some reason don't open ,
Also I remember talking to Stiller and was told external dimensions are the same internals are different so stock inlet has nothing to do with it .
What I have been doing is making a radius cut on feed ramp to let tip of bullet seated long in an Accumag without blinder plate feed.
With AW mag well cut there should be more length than standard Rem 700 which will allow me to use AI mag with no action work .
What I am not clear on is if external measurements on mags are the same how does the binding issue occur

Reactions: ArTeeKay
1626263224409.png

AW does not have binder plate therefore longer seating

Everybody has their first day.
Thanks man