• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW mag in AICS stock

14Dandy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
MN
I thought I knew the answer, but now I'm confused again.

If I have an action cut for AW and put that action in a AICS stock I will be able to use AW mags instead of AICS mags correct?

I was looking at AW mags on Schryver's website and it said this about the AW mags "Spare 10 shot magazine for the Accuracy International AW Series rifle in .308 Win. Will not interchange with AICS stocks."

So can I or can't I use AW mags in an AICS stock with an action cut for AW?

Re: AW mag in AICS stock

Yes the AICS will take the AW mags and just like you explained the action is the only hangup.

You will need to shorten the mag catch something like .040 inches for AW mags to work.

Can't remember how much exactly as I had Badger Ordnance do it on my AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will need to shorten the mag catch something like .040 inches for AW mags to work.

Can't remember how much exactly as I had Badger Ordnance do it on my AICS. </div></div>

Depends on the action. Remington clones cut for the AW mags shouldn't need any mods to the stock or mag latch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will need to shorten the mag catch something like .040 inches for AW mags to work.

Can't remember how much exactly as I had Badger Ordnance do it on my AICS. </div></div>

Depends on the action. Remington clones cut for the AW mags shouldn't need any mods to the stock or mag latch. </div></div>

Sorry this was for a M2008 action in case anyone was wondering.