• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW magazine tuning

George of Lydda

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2022
Pennsylvania
Trying to set up my Terminus Zeus to run AW magazines. Having some difficulty with feeding. Can’t tell if it’s the stock/bottom metal not allowing the magazine to insert far enough of the feed lips being too wide.

Anybody who has been successful with running AW mags in a 3 lug Remington clone, can you provide a picture or two showing the round presentation from the back of the rifle with the bolt removed (example picture in case my description is poorly written). I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 88
Trying to set up my Terminus Zeus to run AW magazines. Having some difficulty with feeding. Can’t tell if it’s the stock/bottom metal not allowing the magazine to insert far enough of the feed lips being too wide.

Anybody who has been successful with running AW mags in a 3 lug Remington clone, can you provide a picture or two showing the round presentation from the back of the rifle with the bolt removed (example picture in case my description is poorly written). I would greatly appreciate it.
The lug orientation on a Curtis or Zuess actions is two down 1 up. An AI action and the new CDG is 2 up one down, the one lug down picks up the rounds better out the mags.

I get that but people run AW mags in the Zeus and I’m just looking for input from those people to see if I can get there. It’s the action I have to work with.

I can’t help with the Zeus specifically.I run aw mags in two lone peaks with dasher and bra and a CDG 22Bra.Your going to have to open back of feedlips up enough to see middle of primer for bolt to strip a round.Measure front and rear of feedlips with a caliper and make small changes ie .010 or so_Once you figure it out write the dimensions down

Okay middle of the primer. Thanks. Issue I have right now is if I open the feed lips up the magazine won’t seat. But I’ll keep tinkering

I can’t help with the Zeus specifically.I run aw mags in two lone peaks with dasher and bra and a CDG 22Bra.Your going to have to open back of feedlips up enough to see middle of primer for bolt to strip a round.Measure front and rear of feedlips with a caliper and make small changes ie .010 or so_Once you figure it out write the dimensions down
You're talking see the middle of primer exposed when viewing magazine from rear, correct?

Yes middle or slightly less.On the fuzions it’s the bolt nose that strips rounds.If bolts going over and not pushing rounds forwards they need to sit higher

Reactions: 4O6shootist