• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aw magazines

Cbostick

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2017
Indiana
Hey guys thinking of building a new rifle I've been using Accuracy International centerfeed magazines, are there any issues with receivers with the aw cut in feeding reliably with the aw magazines?

It's not the cut but the bolt, my honest opinion...

Those mags were designed for a three lug action, if your action has two lugs I wouldn't do it. Reliability is spotty. There will be some guy who tells you his two lug action runs just fine with AW mags but there's usually a bunch of tweaking involved to make it work or he's taking the rifle from the car to the bench.

I've tried AW mags in an action cut for them, two lugs, had issues. If you want a shorter mag get an ARC and put an aftermarket follower in it.

Reactions: nexusfire
I'll be that guy.... my two lug runs them fine. Yes, I bent feed lips to get the case to properly line up with the bolt face when I first got them. They've been 100% for me in many, many matches. I know quite a few other national level shooters who run them successfully in two lug actions.

Reason I like them is because they are lower profile, much easier to load, and the bolt strips the round out of the mag with lower effort.

Reactions: reximus
I'm fighting with that demon right now.

Stop fighting it. Jump in! The water’s fine...

That being said, I’ve got a Spartan Precison rifle (Defiance Deviant) that runs unmodified AW mags without issue. I’ve gone through two barrels - one 6.5 Creed and the other 6 Creed with zero feeding issues. Running it out of a Manners PRS-1 and a KMW Sentinel.

I'm fighting with that demon right now.
If that's the case, u should just change your name to Reagan and give in. Then you can tell everyone that their mom sucks cock in hell and shoot like a boss.