• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AW mags in 308 R700 w/M5??

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ
I know I've seen this here somewhere, but my search-fu is failing (even w/the Google SH search).

What's it take to convert a Remington 700 action w/Badger M5 to use AW staggered feed mags?

Re: AW mags in 308 R700 w/M5??

Machine off the action feed rails IOT accomodate the wider AW mag lips, a slight scallop of the feed ramp to allow smooth feeding from the staggered magasine, and inlet the stock so that the M5 and AW mag sits for reliable feeding.

If you can find a factory Rem 700 DM action, then the work has already been done for you.

Hers mine in the aw/aics mag thread: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386203&page=2

Im pretty sure Randy at R&D just did a rifle build with this idea.

JJ

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

Seems to be more than I'm looking to do. I may just use the 700DM for the next build and tweak my 700 a little to make the AICS mags 100%.

Using AICS mags is a easy enough, due to their center feed, its the wider mags and mag lips where the fun starts.

JJ

I already run an M5 w/AICS mags, but need to move my feed ramp forward to clear the bullet noses, so I figured "as long as I'm in there".....but the AW conversion is a little bigger project than I'm looking to to do with this rifle right now.