• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AW Mags OOS everywhere

sneakypayload

Shoot at things semi far away
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2021
MO USA
What’s the deal with AW mags being out of stock absolutely everywhere? It’s the one mag for the past 2ish years I always saw in stock, what gives now?

I know milehigh is the importer iirc.

Set up in stock notifications with Area 419 and Euro Optic. That's the only way I found some recently.

Reactions: sneakypayload
Set up in stock notifications with Area 419 and Euro Optic. That's the only way I found some recently.
How recent?

I just backordered with EO because I figured they would get them soon after any importation.

It’s bonkers they’re out now.

Delivered on 4/30. It's not really unexpected, with the CDG from ARC, the ATX, and a few other receivers that take AW mags. If you're
trying a BR variant, get the Grayops mag.
Yea. Ordered two of those for a BR build but I have some other stuff that isn’t BR based that I’d like to use them on. @MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh cmon guys….. cmon…. Make an AW mag that’s 90 bucks and actually in stock at all times :)

Got a couple from EO about a month or so ago. They come in stock from time to time. Backorder some or get notifications.

They also pop up for sale here off and on. There was 5 for sale the other day. They don’t last long if they’re reasonably priced

Anyone try the AX mags? They should work if you bend the front tab back.

Anyone try the AX mags? They should work if you bend the front tab back.
Yes, it’s been discussed. I have seen it done personally though the AX mag was purchased for less than AW retail. I’d have a hard time mangling a $120 mag just because the $80 mag is OOS, but if you gotta shoot you gotta shoot.

Yes, it’s been discussed. I have seen it done personally though the AX mag was purchased for less than AW retail. I’d have a hard time mangling a $120 mag just because the $80 mag is OOS, but if you gotta shoot you gotta shoot.
Yea that's the thing. If the mag was the same exact price (and considering the similarities I can't imagine why it isn't) I would just buy a couple and modify them, but to buy something *more* expensive just to hack them up seems stupid.

Reactions: TheOE800
Yea. Ordered two of those for a BR build but I have some other stuff that isn’t BR based that I’d like to use them on. @MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh cmon guys….. cmon…. Make an AW mag that’s 90 bucks and actually in stock at all times :)

I agree with this statement, but I am slightly outnumbered and we have other magazine projects perpetually in the works!

- Josh

Reactions: Baron23 and lash
Your second question has already been answered, but I’ll reiterate and expand on that. First off, for quite a while there was a common myth-understanding that AW mags are trouble prone in matches. A falsehood that has been around for at least ten years. So generally, competition types tended to shy away from them.

Yet those in the know continued to use them and then people started seeing guys on the podiums using them with one of the newer actions designed to use them.

Add to that the popularity of some of the newer three lug actions, including the pretty popular CDG from ARC and now there’s excess demand where there used to be excess supply.

As said, get in some back orders with EO or A419 and wait. You’ll get some.

I did. Backordered 3 of them because I love waiting a year for EuroOptic backorders. It's like surprise Christmas!

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I did. Backordered 3 of them because I love waiting a year for EuroOptic backorders. It's like surprise Christmas!
lol! Waiting can be fun if you put it out of your mind. Then when they show up, it is Christmas. Of course since you put it out of your mind, that means you went and bought them somewhere else already and now you have extra…

What are ya going to do? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
GA Precision has them in stock for anyone who’s looking.

Now donot shot the messenger , BUT AI makes the AW magazine for thier AW rifles , not to be used in other action/bodies , its a very good mag in my experience thru a 308 AW rifle , so good others have tried to use it for actions it was not designed for , like 2 lug Rem700 like actions , and thats not been 100% reliable , back in the day you had people cut the Surgeon short actions to take the AW mag and the Spectre from Stiller .
Never ideal .
Long story short if you intend to run the AW mag , then you need to have a bolt similar to the AI AW , ie a wide body 3 lug bolt .
And the CDG seems to fit that profile , so maybe its going to be reliable .
I have even seen it fitted into a Sako 85 action .
As AI make it for their rifles , it stands to reason , they donot need to make lot of mags to keep their rifles in operation , so maybe people have un-realistic demands .
Also the old Badger actions run the AW as well .

Long story short if you intend to run the AW mag , then you need to have a bolt similar to the AI AW , ie a wide body 3 lug bolt .
I don't know about that. There are a metric ton of people using AW mags in their Impact/Lone Peak actions (among others) just fine. Especially now that there are bottom metals with adjustable mag catch height.

Now donot shot the messenger , BUT AI makes the AW magazine for thier AW rifles , not to be used in other action/bodies , its a very good mag in my experience thru a 308 AW rifle , so good others have tried to use it for actions it was not designed for , like 2 lug Rem700 like actions , and thats not been 100% reliable , back in the day you had people cut the Surgeon short actions to take the AW mag and the Spectre from Stiller .
Never ideal .
And the CDG seems to fit that profile , so maybe its going to be reliable .
I have even seen it fitted into a Sako 85 action .
As AI make it for their rifles , it stands to reason , they donot need to make lot of mags to keep their rifles in operation , so maybe people have un-realistic demands .
Also the old Badger actions run the AW as well .
As I mentioned earlier, my old Stiller TAC30 AW action, two lug, has worked flawlessly for I’d estimate 20,000+ rounds without a hiccup.

You’re not wrong about AI and their incentive or lack thereof to make more AW magazines, but there are now a number of actions that work very well with them.

And face it high volume components are a good bread and butter business, no matter who you are.

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
GA Precision has them in stock for anyone who’s looking.

You have to fucking love this shit. Guys going crazy over AW mags OOS (I've been seeing posts on this very topic for a while now) then out of nowhere, some random guy posts a link to a reputable vendor with mags in stock.

That just goes to show people don't do their research and want stuff handed to them. 😂😂

if anyone needs AW mags I will sell them for 200 dollars each. 300 with the HRD kit 😊

You have to fucking love this shit. Guys going crazy over AW mags OOS (I've been seeing posts on this very topic for a while now) then out of nowhere, some random guy posts a link to a reputable vendor with mags in stock.

That just goes to show people don't do their research and want stuff handed to them. 😂😂
Actually, even GP doesn’t keep them in stock long. You’re confused, or arrogant, not sure which. 😉

If you read through the thread, you’d know that some of us have posted multiple times that EurOptic gets them in regularly. They are a reputable vendor and even they can’t keep them in stock, but do let you back order.

Actually, even GP doesn’t keep them in stock long. You’re confused, or arrogant, not sure which. 😉

If you read through the thread, you’d know that some of us have posted multiple times that EurOptic gets them in regularly. They are a reputable vendor and even they can’t keep them in stock, but do let you back order.

I did. I read somewhere that you or I don't recall who, suggested to get on the fucking backorder list from EO and might have been another store also. But still, my comment kinda remains. If they would have gotten on the list since you started preaching this, they wouldn't still be complaining haha.

Reactions: lash
I did. I read somewhere that you or I don't recall who, suggested to get on the fucking backorder list from EO and might have been another store also. But still, my comment kinda remains. If they would have gotten on the list since you started preaching this, they wouldn't still be complaining haha.
True enough.

Reactions: stello1001
so, what is the difference between AW, Ax and AICS mags?

AX mags are similar to AW mags except the AX has a metal tab up front iirc

Last edited: