• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW Mags with 308 parent cases ex: 6XC, 6creedmoor

Southpaw357

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Whats up guys, anybody running AW magazines with cartridges that have the 308 as a parent case? For example, I have a new rifle i built in 6XC in a stiller Tac 30 A/W action and I want to make sure that the 6XC's will feed before I splurge on these mags. I'd hate to try and make it work then not be able to return if it won't feed properly since I will have "used" it.

Re: AW Mags with 308 parent cases ex: 6XC, 6creedmoor

Im in Scottsdale and have AW mags,,, PM me

Just be careful of the ribs in the mags messing with the shoulder of certain case. For example, .243 feeds great in AW mag....243AI on the otherhand, not so well.

Thanks guys. Mike, I'm not suprised the 243 loads well since it's a necked down 308, but the 6XC and the 6.5creedmoor are not only necked down but they are also shortened. Thats my biggest concern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: southpaw357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys. Mike, I'm not suprised the 243 loads well since it's a necked down 308, but the 6XC and the 6.5creedmoor are not only necked down but they are also shortened. Thats my biggest concern.</div></div>

Understood but the 243 was just one example. The others will work well too.