• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aw mags.

Widowmaker300

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
Jackson center Ohio
Anyone running the aw cut impact action in an MPA chassis and getting an AW mag to feed well?
For the life of me I cannot get an AW mag to feed good.
I’ve tried adjusting the feed lips and it’s a no go.
Any advice?

Anyone running the aw cut impact action in an MPA chassis and getting an AW mag to feed well?
For the life of me I cannot get an AW mag to feed good.
I’ve tried adjusting the feed lips and it’s a no go.
Any advice?

I've tuned many different AW mags, and almost always that process includes bending the internal spring a bit. One common symptom is that the rounds either don't pop up in the mag all the way into the feedlips (insufficient spring force) or that when they pop up the rear case head doesn't come all the way up at the back of the mag (incorrect spring angle).

You can add spring force by pulling the follower out of the mag (grab and twist/yank it out) and then stretching the spring. The angle issue can also be fixed by careful bending of just some of the folds in the spring. I've found that bending it so the rear of the follower is higher and parallel with the tail end of the spring has helped.

Final tip, make sure your rounds are all fully stacked equally on top of each other when you load the mag. I like to give the mag a solid whack on the palm of my hand to seat all the rounds fully backwards in the mag. If they are randomly stacked foreward/backward that can cause issues with feeding sometimes.

I've tuned many different AW mags, and almost always that process includes bending the internal spring a bit. One common symptom is that the rounds either don't pop up in the mag all the way into the feedlips (insufficient spring force) or that when they pop up the rear case head doesn't come all the way up at the back of the mag (incorrect spring angle).

You can add spring force by pulling the follower out of the mag (grab and twist/yank it out) and then stretching the spring. The angle issue can also be fixed by careful bending of just some of the folds in the spring. I've found that bending it so the rear of the follower is higher and parallel with the tail end of the spring has helped.

Final tip, make sure your rounds are all fully stacked equally on top of each other when you load the mag. I like to give the mag a solid whack on the palm of my hand to seat all the rounds fully backwards in the mag. If they are randomly I stacked foreward/backward that can cause issues with feeding sometimes.
I’ll def have to look into tweaking the spring. Some of them def did not want to come all the way up.
Great explanation. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Sheldon N