• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW pic rail question

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    As I only own dovetail models........

In addition to the epoxy, how many screws hold down the pic base to the action?

A pic would be great.

TIA,

RR

Re: AW pic rail question

If YOU don't know the answer about an AI...

Lol!

Here are some pics i snatched from SRT Supply website,shows the pic rail.That thing is epoxied for life on the action.I dont even think it needs the screws.I will look at mine shortly and count the screws....without taking my scope off i can see two screws,but it think under the rings is another two.
    AWAIPIC.jpg

AWAIPIC2.jpg

I believe there are two screws and two roll pins that are recessed into the reciever befor the pic rail is epoxied to the reciever. I was looking for this info about 10 months or so ago.

I wonder if 'tails can easily be modded to accept 'rails.

Not sure why you would want rails to begin with but that's a different subject.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some pics i snatched from SRT Supply website,shows the pic rail.That thing is epoxied for life on the action.I dont even think it needs the screws.I will look at mine shortly and count the screws....without taking my scope off i can see two screws,but it think under the rings is another two.
    AWAIPIC.jpg

AWAIPIC2.jpg
    </div></div>

I belive on eof the screws holes is visible in the picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe there are two screws and two roll pins that are recessed into the reciever befor the pic rail is epoxied to the reciever. I was looking for this info about 10 months or so ago. </div></div>

If you can dig up a link to that hread it would be great, provide you got an answer!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if 'tails can easily be modded to accept 'rails.

Not sure why you would want rails to begin with but that's a different subject.

Good luck </div></div>

MZB, yes you can have the dovetail permanently modified to Pic rail by AI. As stated they secure it with screws and epoxy. It is a service Stacey B offers.
    Not sure either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If YOU don't know the answer about an AI...

Lol! </div></div>

LOL..... I don't have all the answers, but I do have quite a few!

The tapped hole at the front is for an AI mirage band attachment.