• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report AWC "M-92 Elite" Range report (pic-heavy)

sniperdude

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Ridgefield,Connecticut
I have had this rifle since about 2003 and havent shot it that much (about 300 rds to date) , as I use my duty rifle most of the time. I have refinished this rifle a few times from desert to od and back to black. I have dis-assembled this rifle several times, but when I return to the range it seems to be very close to zero. Which opted me to share this

First some specs on the rifle.

AWCM92.jpg

This is from AWC and is their M-92 "elite" rifle in .308
it has a schneider 1-12 twist and has 4 groovs. It is a rem 700 short action with a rem standerd recoil lug and the bolt knob has been rounded and smoothed (as an option from awc)
the trigger is a rem, but the guys at awc adjusted this so well , I cant tell the difference from this or another rifle with a jewell trigger (after shooting it this week I feel it might be a lil better). The stock is a Mcmillan A-2, grip textured by AWC.The barrel is threaded for their thundertrap but I havnt tested the accuracy with this rifle/can yet.
AWCM92-3.jpg

AWCM92-2.jpg

And now for the range report , as it was a perfect dead calm day for this. All shooting was from the bipod in the prone position. I fired 3 round groups only cause I didnt have that much ammo loaded. The load I used was IMR 4064 @ 41.5 gr behind a sierra 168hpbt seated to FGMM specs, velocity averaged about 2580fps @ 60 deg.F in winchester cases.

The bottom right "bull" targets were at 200 yards and the upper of the 2 is a 4 round group , the bottom left with the star is 2 three round groups 1before and 1 after the rifle was dissambled and scope removed. and the bottom middle was the largest of the day. The top right was the best of the day
AWCM92-4.jpg

as for the optical portion it is a leupold mk-4 3.5-10 with mil-dot. in mk-4 rings and a 2 piece mk-4 base

I dont know if any one else has this rifle from awc , if the have simmilar results, but would like to hear about it. I dont see this rifle listed on awc's site anymore, but I would imagine they could still build it.So I beleive their rifles are as good as their cans!

Re: AWC "M-92 Elite" Range report (pic-heavy)

I have a AWC M40A2 that I got in the late 1990's. I love that rifle and it is a nice shooter. I totally agree with you that it an absolutely well put together precision rifle. It shoots 1/2 MOA and I have had it out to 600 thus far. The rifle is 1/2 MOA easily but that doesn't mean that I am on all occasions and and distances.

Their m40 was my other choice when I purchased this , I think it was the A-2 stock that made me go with the a-2. Im just glad the conditions that day at the range were as good as they were so I could get a real idea of this rifle's accuracy

I can say that you got a very nice rifle and AWC makes great suppressors and rifles although their are not as well known for the rifles. Good luck with it.

Just smoothing and rounding a standard Remington bolt knob is a great idea. Its a really nice stick. I love that A2 stock.

I must say though, having numerous Remington triggers tuned by GAP-put a Jewel trigger in there and you'll never look back.

Nice shooting.