• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AWC Nexus

Wreckinshop

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
The South
Anyone got any real experience with one and can tell me about its performance and quality? Thinkin of buying one, and looking for some unbiased info.

Re: AWC Nexus

I have one, as well as .45 cans from several other manufactures. What platform are you going to be using this can on?

I have used mine on the HK tactical. The nexus is an ok can performance wise however it is quite heavy, AWC recomends the use of white lithium grease to act as a medium in the can, this is a mess to use but the can is rather loud dry. I would go with an AAC evo, or a KAC, they are both better than the nexus (imo).

When looking for a nine can I tried the AWC and it was excellent...however... the grease is a pain in the ass and makes a mess. I ordered a Trident 9 from SWR and got to try at the range this morning..better choice.

I had one and I sold it. It was loud w/out the greese and messy with it.

Take it for what it is......

Get an Evo, Kac, or some other can....

Really solidly build silencer. However, the need to use grease is a P.I.T.A.

The EVO 45 is best shot wet (water) but has o-rings in the rear to keep water from shooting all over you.

Trident is a great silencer... I like the EVO9 better (of course) but the trident is nice.