• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Awesome Mosin Nagant footage.

Re: Awesome Mosin Nagant footage.

looks like the original PU scope or a reproduction of that scope , defiantly not a POSP or modern scope.

the Finn's still use a updated version of the Mosin,. the round is very capable and in the same class as a .30-06

Impressive, I have a PSOP 6x42 on mine it shoots minutes of man definitely not a precision rifle at least in my hands.

Goes to show that a good shooter can drive any platform well regardless of price of equipment.

Dude is using his middle finger to pull the trigger, as he says he has damage to his index finger. Very impressive shooting.

R.

Any idea as to what ammo he is shooting? Dude has madd skillz

Thats impressive. I would like to know what kinds of mods, if any, were done to his rifle.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea as to what ammo he is shooting? Dude has madd skillz </div></div>Everything he uses is his own stuff that he casts. On rare occasions he uses store bought bullets. That is a stock MN with no work done to it.

I am proud to say he and I shoot together quite a bit and he will be trying for 1k with his Mosin again in the AM. I just put a mount on that gun for him that would allow him to run any scope he wants but he prides himself on shooting low-buck and original stuff.

I owned a Mosin Nagant many years ago. I altered the bolt and had to do some mount work to allow scope use. I am a machinist and made rifle barrels for a living. I am now retired. I used a Leupold scope. That Nagant was a very accurate rifle. The Mosin Nagant put a lot of Germans down on the Eastern Front. I have and use expensive gear. However, I am often amazed at how well these older rifles can shoot. I believe I had paid 125.00 for that rifle. It serves to remind me that modest equipment in the right hands will certainly do the job in the field.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerry1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I owned a Mosin Nagant many years ago. I altered the bolt and had to do some mount work to allow scope use. I am a machinist and made rifle barrels for a living. I am now retired. I used a Leupold scope. That Nagant was a very accurate rifle. The Mosin Nagant put a lot of Germans down on the Eastern Front. I have and use expensive gear. However, I am often amazed at how well these older rifles can shoot. I believe I had paid 125.00 for that rifle. It serves to remind me that modest equipment in the right hands will certainly do the job in the field. </div></div>

My hat is off to you. That is one of the most impressive videos I have seen on this site.

It sure helps to put the constant chasing of newest and most expensive equipment into perspective.

Thanks again.

Man, I can't believe the all the stupid comments over on the BOOBtube site about the sacraligious destroying of such an icon! I truely did not believe that their were so many retards in the world but it seems that they are all posting on youtube. I am slowly working on getting into gunsmithing as a hobby and thing's like Ray is doing to the Mosin and probably other guns, is awesome. Keep up the good work. I think that the Mosin he has there is a pretty cool, useful zombie getter. I give it "TWO thumbs up". T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea as to what ammo he is shooting? Dude has madd skillz </div></div>Everything he uses is his own stuff that he casts. On rare occasions he uses store bought bullets. That is a stock MN with no work done to it.

I am proud to say he and I shoot together quite a bit and he will be trying for 1k with his Mosin again in the AM. I just put a mount on that gun for him that would allow him to run any scope he wants but he prides himself on shooting low-buck and original stuff. </div></div>

The video says he uses a 200 grain Sierra SMK with IMR4350. Didn't know you could cast your own of those.

He also posted in the notes that it is free floated with the HG removed and glass bedded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Finn's still use a updated version of the Mosin,. the round is very capable and in the same class as a .30-06 </div></div>

Yes they do, it´s called a TRG42 and 22, if you are reffering to the

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62_TKIV_85 then as far as I have been informed they are still in use but only for the reserves and the national guard.

but for arguments sake, sure they are still in use, just heavily modified.

as for the OP:s shooting, my hat off for some really goot plate smacking there.

/Christian