• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Awesome Savage/Vbull/Stockade Build - 263 pics!

The King

Back to the Range
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    Folks, here is a pictoral we made of a Savage 10FP Lefty build.
    _rct9989.jpg

More Pics!

Re: Awesome Savage/Vbull/Stockade Build - 263 pics!

love it, and its a lefty savage! that's a top notch setup there. now i want a stockade stock! already got the savage
    laugh.gif

The industro weld or whatever it said on the box, is that stuff like the Pro Seal stuff that the army uses. It looks just like it. The more you mix of one of the compounds the hotter the mix will be and the quicker it will dry??

If it is, I know what I'm doing to one of my stocks this weekend.

Also, does it hold up well over time? Is that what people use for texturing all of the time? Did you just have to rough it up a little bit to get a good bond?

I really like the texturing on my mcmillan and was looking at doing the same thing to my HS. If it is that easy I can do it myself.

Actually, it's JB Weld. Just plain old JB weld, from the auto parts store.

JB weld is a little hard to work with when it comes to the consistency- you need to practice mixing it in different ratios, or else it will just lay back down and smoothen back out. Try it out on a soda bottle or something before hitting your gun.

You also have to pull the tape off before it dries or you will be in TROUBLE. TROUBLE. Did I say TROUBLE?

For prep work, sand the affected area and wipe with acetone before laying it down.

again, practice first.

JB weld is stupid durable.

Sweet!!! I am definitely going to give this a shot soon. Hopefully it will turn out as good as yours looks!!! Thanks alot. Jeremy.