• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Awwwwwww shit!

Megacab

Cunning Linguist
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Boston
www.snipershide.com
The USPS delivered me a rather large, awkward, and heavy box from Arkansas today.
I wonder whatever could be in it???

dscf0471f.jpg

dscf0472b.jpg

dscf0473n.jpg

dscf0474j.jpg

dscf0475.jpg

dscf0476.jpg

dscf0477.jpg

dscf0480.jpg

dscf0478.jpg

Special thanks, and mad props, go out to ARPredatorHunter for Duracoating my AR-10, magazines, and all the assorted crap hanging off of it, as well as dealing with me.
grin.gif

Thanks, brah. It looks great.
Job well done!

Jack

Re: Awwwwwww shit!

hmmm, cool, but I gotta stick with mine being better. ARP does great work on our rifles!

What scope is that and why'd you paint over the turrets?

Looks like a hell of a setup . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like a falcon menace </div></div>

That's what I originally thought, but the illumination knob is wrong, the parallax knob looks too big, and the elevation and windage turrets don't have hex-head screws, rather slotted screws. Weird.

Cool! Like one of those Cobras that spit venom, except this one spits lead at farther distances...
laugh.gif

Beautiful weapon and paint job!

Hey Jack, if you need a smaller scope so the rifle doesn't look too small I can swap with ya
wink.gif

That rattlesnake looks kick ass

When I get the rest of the parts for my R1A1, a certain Stipple grip dude is going to do a Nor-Cal Western Diamondback Rattler job on it. Need the optic mount, and the new front sight then it goes out after I get to Campbell.
I was originally thinking of a Nor-Cal Mountain Kingsnake paint job, but red, white, and black make for some seriously wild colors on a rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The USPS delivered me a rather large, awkward, and heavy box from Arkansas today.
I wonder whatever could be in it???
</div></div>

A large, awkward, heavy, rifle!

Don't put that rifle down in the brush, you might come back to find a snake humping it!

LOL, nice work on the paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope is that and why'd you paint over the turrets?

Looks like a hell of a setup . . . </div></div>

The scope is a Zos 10-40x60.
Yep, that's right. Parent company of the notorious Barska, et all, jobs. Cheap-ass $175.oo China eBay scope. That happens to track perfectly, return to zero, and has not given me a single problem through over 1000 rounds. I had an identical one my Remmy PSS in .300WM, and it worked flawlessly as well. Yeah, it's a little milky above 30x, but at max magnification it's still clear enough for me. Would I trust my life to it? Nope. I am a recreational shooter only, and found lots better things to spend my money on than a megabuck scope. Agree or disagree. I don't care. It's mine and I shoot it just fine as is. Would a scope that cost 10 times as much make me 10 times a better shooter? I doubt it.

Turrets aren't painted over.
They are misted over. The pics are a bit misleading due to the light. From a shooting position, they can be seen perfectly. I just hate the look of a painted rifle with the black and white glaring hash marks on the turrets, lol.

And yes. It IS a hell of a setup. We'll start the bidding at...
grin.gif

No. I am not selling it. Unless you make me a retarded offer. Everything has a price, and I have a full gun safe.
wink.gif