• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AX AICS for Savage

SSW7

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2007
Looks like it will happen.

On the EuroOpitc site under AX AICS it mentions the AX chassis will be available for Savage actions mid 2012.

Let's hope it happens along with the regular AICS. If it does, I'd be in for 3 AX stocks.

Re: AX AICS for Savage

lol, dream on. they have been stroking everybody (AI) for the last two shot shows about the AICS, and its still not available. now the AX? but id buy one of those. the AX is sweet looking

"Users of both Remington 700 and Savage 110 rifles will now benefit from the advanced design of the Accuracy International AX rifle stock.... We expect Savage models to arrive by mid 2012."

I will believe it when I see it, don't get me wrong in that I would love to have an AX chassis for my next Savage but we have heard this before.

so 110s only, its limited to a long action stock? kinda makes sense since the design for that has been consistent over the years hasnt it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so 110s only, its limited to a long action stock? kinda makes sense since the design for that has been consistent over the years hasnt it? </div></div>

No. There's at least 2 different action spacings that I know of on the 110.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. There's at least 2 different action spacings that I know of on the 110. </div></div>

The Savage 110 <span style="text-decoration: underline">long action</span> has been 5.062" for 50 years now, though staggerfeed & centerfeed variations.

Savage's first generation short action was also called a 110, had 4.522" spacing (really making it a medium length), and was made from 59 until 87. This is probably the second spacing Black-X was referring to.