• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AX firing pin safety in AE mk II

BFDshooter5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Maine
I haven't posted in a while but here it goes. I would like to swap out my two position AE safety with a three position and found Eurooptics has an AX firing pin/safety assembly listed. Is this part compatible with my rig? When I spoke with the Eurooptics guy on the phone, he had no idea

As long as it's the large firing pin then it SHOULD work. I believe the bolts in the MKII to MKIII to be the same and the difference being the firing pin assembly. If you had asked this question a couple days ago I could have tested it for you because I still had a AE MKII and still have my old 2012 AX but I shipped out the AE to it's new owner yesterday.

My question is why though? I just sold my AE MKII folder for $2750, a firing pin assembly is going to run you most of the difference of what you can get into an AT for and have a far superior rifle. I'd sell your AE and go that route. You can get the 6 lug small pin bolt with 3 position safety, plus all of the benefits of the AT for not much more money. Possibly the same money if you go used.

Thanks for the reply Redneck and it's good to see youre still on the hide. I can't argue the point of selling and getting an AT but I'm very fond of this one. I guess it's sentimental. I do prefer the three position safety for the ability of locking the bolt closed, particularly when I have it slung or in my pack. Eurooptics said I could order it and try it and if it didn't for to send it back within 15 days. I may give it a try