• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXAICS chassis Fitment questions.

character26

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2022
Taunton, Ma.
So members from our special operations at work were commenting on how great this AXAICS chassis system is. I have several question revolving around, I would like to build a rifle in .30-06. I have a love for the caliber since I first fired my M1, and I reload so this is something I've wanted to do for a while.

I have looked into Defiance action systems and looked through their actions. It seems their Rebel action can be ordered in Remington 700 LA with a .480 bolt face to fit the chassis. I would have to call them to be sure.

I haven't looked into barrels yet but I would be open to any suggestions.

The next hurdle is magazines. I read up on several posts and it does seem a .300 Win Mag magazine from AI can be modified and tweaked to reliably feed .30-06 as the two cases are very close. My next question is will the magazine #4368 fit the AXAICS chassis. This seems to be the only single stack 10 rd. magazine in .300 Win Mag that AI offers. They do have a double stack one, but it doesn't seem like the chassis system isn't compatible for double stack mags. Not having a ten round mag would be a deal breaker on the build.

Anything I'm missing? I'm open to suggestions, the only thing I really want is to be able to use the .30-06 caliber. Thanks for any help out there.

Last edited:
The similar threads footer comes through again!

If you just want to build a long range rig chambered in .30-06 I’m sorry to say that you’re options are almost endless…

Seriously, you have only answered the first of several questions that you need an answer to. It seems like the order of priority is

1) .30-06
2) 10 round magazines
3) all the other stuff

If this is it so far we need some more details.

The similar threads footer comes through again!

If you just want to build a long range rig chambered in .30-06 I’m sorry to say that you’re options are almost endless…

Seriously, you have only answered the first of several questions that you need an answer to. It seems like the order of priority is

1) .30-06
2) 10 round magazines
3) all the other stuff

If this is it so far we need some more details.
So just curious as to what else you think I should be concerned with. I’ve researched receivers, barrels and triggers also. I was gonna use a Defiance action out of Mt., a McGowen barrel, and a Timmney trigger. Anything else I should be looking into besides a good scope? Also I’m open to any other suggestions besides the items I’ve researched. Other options to look into I’d be greatly interested in. Thank you very much for any help, it’s kind of a new endeavor for me building a rifle!!

Reactions: The D
I placed a Bergara HMR Pro .300 WinMag in an AX-AICS Folder. Perfect fit, improved grouping ability due to the chassis being so easily adjustable to suit. As long as your action footprint is Rem700 equivalent, I don’t know why you would have an issue, unless you find it hard to make an AICS magazine work with the .30-06.
My chassis uses the 5-round single stack magazines perfectly. I haven’t come across a 10-round magazine, but the 5 is bulky enough the way it is. A 10 rounder would be heavy and awkward.

So just curious as to what else you think I should be concerned with. I’ve researched receivers, barrels and triggers also. I was gonna use a Defiance action out of Mt., a McGowen barrel, and a Timmney trigger. Anything else I should be looking into besides a good scope? Also I’m open to any other suggestions besides the items I’ve researched. Other options to look into I’d be greatly interested in. Thank you very much for any help, it’s kind of a new endeavor for me building a rifle!!
All those parts will make a great rifle, your first post didn’t read like you had really figured much out. Sorry if I interpreted that wrong.

MDT makes a long action AICS 10rd magazine. In their description for it, they list .30-06 specifically.

I’ll also never pass up an opportunity to live vicariously through someone building a rifle. This sounds awesome and close to what I would like to do some day. My manufacturer choices may not be the same but they’re close enough. The only thing I plan to do is make some sort of switch barrel setup. Whether that’s based around my current 700 action(which will be blueprinted) or a custom action that companies can make pre-fits for is a future decision. It may be something to think about and complicate the process