• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axil Ear buds

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
I keep getting advertisements for Axil ear buds. They are bluetooth, noise cancelling and hearing amplification. Similar to electronic ear muffs. They are on sale from 200.00 to 140-150. Any reviews or input would be appreciated. Only info or reviews I can find is in the advertisement.

The set I received isn’t worth a damn. The mic sucks for phone calls, the noise cancelling feature is nothing but static, distorted noise and all the wind, the noise reduction isn’t good enough for rifles, and the speakers aren’t loud enough to use while mowing with the regular rubber buds. I would not advise purchasing them at $40.

Reactions: ntrinsik
I keep getting those ads too - was interested cause of the hook design which has held up when running. Good to know I should look elsewhere.

Good info Looked like too many features. 6 pounds of shit in a 3 pound bag.

Run away. I have tried to like them. First set were bad, took a month to get replacement. These work ok for listening to blue tooth or amplifying surroundings. For hearing protection they SUCK. My guess is 15 dB at best. Major difference between them and Otto’s.

Which model are you guys using? Is there any difference in the cheap vs the gs custom they offer?

Glad I read this. I almost ordered a set. I am still looking for that perfect in ear hearing protection

I have a different pair of Axils and they suck ass, stay away! For that price range take a look at the 3M Peltor EEP-100. I really like mine with the add-on skull screw tips.
EEP-100
Tips