• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Axil gs extreme ear pro

Simonsza1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Anyone have some actual experience with these? Curious on the reviews if there are any. Thanks.

I thought they were a gimmick when I saw them on social media. My daughter bought them for me for Christmas a couple years ago and I have been surprised. (I don't know which Axil GS I have)

I used them last weekend in a 3 day field match; In this match you RO the guy behind you between hikes, and I saw the guy i was RO'ing the second day didn't have a suppressor. I used these and while i didn't use the bluetooth option, I ended up forgetting I was wearing them. Usually I just put the ears in when I RO a boomer, but I forgot I had them in (i shoot suppressed) and found them very comfortable. Battery made it for about 8 hours of field courses, and is still operating.

Anyone have some actual experience with these? Curious on the reviews if there are any. Thanks.

We bought 2 sets a couple of months ago. Have done very little actual field use.....but, seem to perform as advertised!

I used the foam tip for higher decibel reduction (29), and then tested them using my 460 XVR ( which is a real test for ear protection).....sweet! I turned the volume up to max and got wind noise (to be expected), when turned down just enough to eliminate the wind noise, I could easily hear my steps in the grass.....so, they do enhance sounds while eliminating most of the muzzle blast. As they are “omni-directional” they seem to allow you to determine the direction of the sound source....which is extremely beneficial when hunting!

In time I may change my opinion, but right now....color me impressed! memtb

Reactions: Simonsza1
Starting to sound like I should pick up a couple pairs for the 50% off deal

Reactions: memtb
I’ll be the one dissenting voice.

I bought a pair of the Otto noize barriers and had to send them back… twice! I let them keep em on the second return and took my money back. So I got a set of the Axil’s for a decent price.

What I can say is they work…. I work on the range full time and when I’m not instructing I’m shooting on a variety of weapon platforms. I tried the Axils with the silicone tips and they were no where near appropriate decibel reduction for use on a .308. Popped the foam tips on and the improvement was noticeable. About mid string of fire the right earbud fell out and the left one followed suit shortly after. I tried about 6 different times the first day to get the damn things to stay in with zero luck. The stalk that the ear tips mount to is just too damn fat and doesn’t leave enough compression in the foam to get them to fit tight enough to stay in if you have smaller ear canals. The cable and controls also like to get hung up on slings and stocks which results in pulling them out on the rare occasion they decide to stay in on their own.
(For reference I wear an in ear comms setup from Invisio when I’m running my full kit so I know how to work with foam ear tips)

I have tried them again two separate times since and have had a little better luck keeping them in my ears. I basically have to crush the foam down as tight as possible and shove them in my ear like I’m getting paid for the pleasure. When they decide to stay in I have noticed the sound quality is very tinny and they do a fantastic job of amplifying all the noises I don’t need to hear, wind, engines, aircraft….

Again I’m a little spoiled since I’ve spent the majority of my time under top tier ear pro and comms systems.

If you’re looking for a cheap way to get Bluetooth and electronic in ear ear pro then these probably aren’t a bad option. If you’re looking for a high quality sound or you have small ear canals I’d look elsewhere

Starting to sound like I should pick up a couple pairs for the 50% off deal
I don't have an opinion on these but you should go to Walmart and get 2 pairs for $120 not $199 at the link above.
Specs look to be the same and they are $59.97 per at Wally's. I have zero problems being corrected on the specs if wrong

GS X