• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXMC Bolt Head Issue

uncle_smokey

I Like Midgets
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2018
    The Beach
    I had something weird happen the last time I was shooting my AXMC. One of my buddies was on the gun when out of nowhere it wouldn’t cycle all the way to the rear and locked up about 80% of the way back. It ejected the spent case and will still lock up in battery and fire no problem, but the issue is when the bolt head tries to pass through the raceway to the rear of the ejection port. It will go through that part of the receiver with some effort but obviously this is a problem. FWIW-we were shooting 300 NM and my loads are relatively mild.

Further testing revealed that my 300WM bolt body moves freely as it should so nothing in the receiver is causing the binding. The binding is only occurring when the bolt head is in that specific part of the receiver. I spoke with MH and they asked me to test the other bolt which I did, but I know a bunch of you have an AXMC and was curious if any of you have encountered this problem before. Grateful for any and all responses and insight.

There are a couple down lower but no noticeable protrusions. It is possible that something worked out there but I can’t feel anything out of the ordinary.

My first hunch would be one of the roll pins for retaining the bolt head to the bolt body has backed out a bit. See if any are shiny like they've been rubbing the inside of the action.

Also check for any burrs or debris in the channel for the bolt stop on the bolt body, and check the bolt stop itself too... but that's doubtful.

Reactions: Huskydriver
    Never have see it on my AXMC. I would thoroughly clean the inside of the receiver and the bolt body. If it still occurs, I would call MHS and talk to Andrew the AI gunsmith.

I have seen a roll pin back out on a guys bolt and cause that exact issue

Well you guys are giving me hope that I didn’t roach the damn bolt body. I can’t feel or see any noticeable issues with the roll pins, but it does make sense especially since to other bolt body works fine. I’ll call MH back today and see about getting this thing shipped out. Thanks all.