• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXMC Mag pouch?

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Some of you might recall me inquiring on AI AE MkI mag pouches recently... I ended up improvising and using grenade pouches to hold two mags each; worked fairly well.

Now I'm on the hunt for pouches that will work with the AXMC, .300 and .338 mags. These are pretty large mags compared to standard AICS mags; double stack and CIP length. I'm curious if anyone has some direct experience on pouches for these mags. I'm not looking for random conjecture; I'm well aware of all the typical mag pouches out there that people use with AICS mags.

I'd really like to use the HSG Tacos, but I don't really want to spring for it with no idea if it will fit the substantially larger mag. So, anyone with an AXMC, tell me what pouches seem to work well with the .300/.338 mags.

Thanks!

Really? No one at all???? I'm about to start ordering random pouches in similar size to the mag and see what happens. That's not at all ideal, I could see myself stuck with a dozen pouches I do not need.

Seriously? You can google "AI Mag pouch .338" and get back a bunch of options...

True but all you’d get back is pouches for the single stack AICS Mags. He is asking about the totally different sized AXMC Mags. Double stack for the win.

Reactions: DP425
Seriously? You can google "AI Mag pouch .338" and get back a bunch of options...

Believe me, I've search more than I should have. As Moviestar said... ALL you get back are AICS single stack mags. It's a pretty significant difference.

Sunrise Tactical gear have told me they can custom make me some if I send in my mags. So unless someone has any other suggestions, it looks like that's what I'm doing.

Tyr Tactical lists pouches for the AI .300 WM / Mk 13. Don’t know if they’ll work with the .338 mags.
http://www.tyrtactical.com/_ui/files/downloadable/TYR-MR280_Spec.pdf
Standard lead time of 60 to 90 days - products made to order. http://www.tyrtactical.com/news/details/backorder-disclosure/

Appears it will carry 2 magazines and at a cost of $25.95 - seems reasonable. Shipping another $12.00. However, measuring my AI AXMC 300 WinMag magazines and comparing to the dimensions listed for the MR280, only 1 magazine would fit and if the picture is correct it is designed for 2 magazines. Do not think this pouch is for the AI AXMC 10 round magazines. Guess calling them is the better solution.

Last edited:
I'm assuming they are speaking of the Mk13 mod 5... which runs an AICS. So these are for single stack .300WM AICS mags.