• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSA Forend compatibility with AXSR

Bulldogce

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 5, 2014
I'm wanting a 16" forend for my AXSA with the 20 moa top rail and Arca bottom. I want the keyslot rail versus the Mlok. Is the AXSR rail compatible with the AXSA?

They both appear to have a two bolt attachment. My understanding is the AXSR is imperial and AX308 is metric so getting new screws shouldn't be to hard a problem as long as the rail fits and the top rail matches up height wise with the optics rail. They made a AXMC-LE rail that is metric that fits the AXs but is made of AI unobtainium. It looks just like an axsr rail.....maybe just threaded different.

Anybody tried using an AXSR rail on a AXSA with success?

Threaded Inserts on the SR forend and the AXSA are different. Not sure of the thread pitch off the top of my head but they are not compatible. You could source new screws for the SA or MC with the SR forend.

The AXMC LE forend is only true plug and play option without modification.

Hole spacing is the same. The threaded Inserts are only thing different. Other then then top rail not being removable.

Thanks for the reply. I got a response from AINA that stated the difference was the standard screws vs metric so sourcing new screws may just do it as long as they are close to the same size. The AXMC-LE rail dictates the optics rail has to be changed from the 30moa to a 20moa rail to match the 20moa forend rail. The top rail on the AXSR is 20moa so possibly matching the 20moa optic rail on the AXSA.