• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSR 6.5 PRC Feed Issues

Kidster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2019
Having 6.5 PRC feeding issues with an AXSR using the AI AX .300 WM 10rd. Magazine 26091. I have read there are mag kits out there, but can't determine which one would work the best for this specific setup.

How is the round getting hung up?
Thanks SkyScrapin for responding. There is extra space in the mag so the rounds sometimes will slide forward which at times cause the round to not nose up properly and not align correctly to the feed ramp.

Thanks SkyScrapin for responding. There is extra space in the mag so the rounds sometimes will slide forward which at times cause the round to not nose up properly and not align correctly to the feed ramp.

Yea... Gunna need to tweak those feed lips

I wonder if the new AXSR short action mags would work if you filed the lips and/or opened them a tad. The follower could be filed as well.
Not sure.. but worth trying
Unfortunately the 6.5 PRC is slightly longer for the SA mag and slightly short for the LA mag. Should have went with the 300 PRC

Unfortunately the 6.5 PRC is slightly longer for the SA mag and slightly short for the LA mag. Should have went with the 300 PRC
I'm not sure I follow.

Here is an AXSR mag with 6rds of Factory Berger 156g 6.5 PRC ammo. It's about as perfect a fit as you would want. The only thing I could see helping is a slight bend at the front feed lip area.

IMG_3185.jpeg

Reactions: M77
Couple barrels, few 2-Day matches. No issues running 6.5PRC in the 300WM mags.

It’s on my PSR. So idk how much different it would be on the ASR/ AXSR. Shouldn’t be much.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
Couple barrels, few 2-Day matches. No issues running 6.5PRC in the 300WM mags.

It’s on my PSR. So idk how much different it would be on the ASR/ AXSR. Shouldn’t be much.
I'm building a Tikka T3X switch barrel from a 300WM donar to shoot 6.5mm & 7mm PRC. I have an MDT 300WM AICS metal mag and I hope this is the case for me as well!

I'm building a Tikka T3X switch barrel from a 300WM donar to shoot 6.5mm & 7mm PRC. I have an MDT 300WM AICS metal mag and I hope this is the case for me as well!
Completely different mags boss. Psr/axmc/axsr are double stack. AICS are single feed double stack. You'll be fine with the shorter 300wm mags. The longer lapua mags can have issues but I don't think those will fit a tikka

Reactions: slewdog_hunts