• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSR Barrel Not Centered

RomanM1A

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2021
Oregon
I didn't see this posted, but when I changed calibers in my new AXSR, I noticed the barrel isn't centered on the fore end. Is that normal? I'm guessing it has to do with the threads, as it's not a problem in the DT SRS.

I didn't see this posted, but when I changed calibers in my new AXSR, I noticed the barrel isn't centered on the fore end. Is that normal? I'm guessing it has to do with the threads, as it's not a problem in the DT SRS.
Are you saying the first barrel was centered, but the second one isn't? Or, did you just not notice it until you went to change barrels, and they're both equally off-center?

Answer Yes to the first question could indicate a real problem.
Answer Yes to the second question is probably an easy adjustment you can do to correct it.

If it is the first, you have a problem. If the second, there are 2 things to try.

1) Loosen the 2 fore-end screws, center the fore-end, re-torque to spec.

2) if that doesn't help, your action screws may be loose. The front action screws are self explanatory, for the rear, you are going to need an extended 5/32 ball end Allen wrench to get to the bolt under the mag catch.

Pro tip. Don't take the mag catch off unless you want to deal with putting the most annoying mag catch spring in the history of firearms back on. It's doable, but I sailed a few tools across the room before I got it. 🤣

Last edited:
If it is the first, you have a problem. If the second, there are 2 things to try.

1) Loosen the 2 fore-end screws, center the fore-end, re-torque to spec.

2) if that doesn't help, your action screws may be loose. The front action screws are self explanatory, for the rear, you are going to need an extended 5/32 ball end Allen wrench to get to the bolt under the mag catch.

Pro tip. Don't take the mag catch off unless you want to deal with putting the most annoying mag catch spring in the history of firearms back on. It's doable, but I sailed a few tools across the room before I got it. 🤣
Fore-end was misaligned. I just didn't notice it because the magnum barrel is so girthy, lol.