• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axsr lefty shooter

Jcutlip55

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Ironton, Oh
I’m a left handed shooter. I’m really close to purchasing an axsr rifle in 338 lm. Also, I’m getting the conversion to go down to 6mm for prs matches. The rifle I’m going to buy is right handed. My question is; when the short action bolt is installed, will the bolt throw be shorter than the long action? Example, will I have to move my face/break cheek weld to operate the short action (6mm) bolt? Normally, I don’t break cheek weld on a right handed short action rifle, but do have to move my face on a long action. Any input will be appreciated.

I’m a left handed shooter. I’m really close to purchasing an axsr rifle in 338 lm. Also, I’m getting the conversion to go down to 6mm for prs matches. The rifle I’m going to buy is right handed. My question is; when the short action bolt is installed, will the bolt throw be shorter than the long action? Example, will I have to move my face/break cheek weld to operate the short action (6mm) bolt? Normally, I don’t break cheek weld on a right handed short action rifle, but do have to move my face on a long action. Any input will be appreciated.
Bolt throw is the same across the board.
I don’t have a problem shooting weak side (left handed) but I also don’t crane my neck forward on the gun like some guys do. If you are one of those guys you might bonk yourself in the face with your hand when you cycle the bolt if your face is far enough forward.

Why is just buying a lefty AXSR off the table? Of all the lefty AI’s they’re probably the most common to find right now, and the .308 bolt body for a lefty gun isn’t complete vaporware like the standard ones.

Reactions: Jcutlip55