• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSR question: is action bonded?

Slu54

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I want to replace the trigger shoe with a flat face one. The way it's designed you can't do that unless you pull the action out of the chassis (if I'm wrong tell me).

Does this thing come off easy if I just take out the 5 action screws, or is it bonded?

Thanks.

Not bonded, it unbolts. You need and extended ball head 5/32" Allen to get to the bolt under the mag release.

Reactions: TheDude219
Not bonded, comes right off. You are going to need an extended 5/32 ball end to get to the screw under the mag catch.

I just put the flat face trigger on mine. I had the action out already, but you can remove and put Paul's flat trigger on with the action where it is. Just don't know if you can get the factory shoe off.

If you are installing the flat trigger Paul makes, you don't need to take the action out of the chassis. I was able to take the factory curved one off and install the new one last week with very minor finessing.

I'm not sure if it is Paul's I got it from MHSA.

I can't see to get the factory one off without taking the action out, what's the trick?

The action unbolts from the chassis. It's not bonded with glue so it comes apart and then you can swap the trigger shoe and screw the chassis and action back together.

I'm not sure if it is Paul's I got it from MHSA.

I can't see to get the factory one off without taking the action out, what's the trick?
Try loosening it, slide it to the back and push up on the trigger bar.