• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSR Question

wisey113

Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2014
Denver, CO
I'm looking for a new bolt gun. I currently have a DT SRS A1. I've always wanted to step up into an AI, but right now I'm having a little trouble understanding where their model line sits.

I see the "new" AXSR, but from what I see, it's only available in the larger calibers (300WM, 338LM etc...). To be perfectly honest, I'm not skilled enough to be shooting those calibers yet, and I'd really like to keep to something like 6.5CM, but I don't see anything available from AI except the AT-X. Did they discontinue the AXMC and AXSA? Are there conversions available for the AXSR yet? I've tried scanning the sticky AI thread, but I'm not seeing a clear answer.

Thanks in advance.

Mc and SA are discontinued. You can get a 308 bolt for the sr

As stated you can get the SFP bolt/mag/barrel for the sr

You could save some $$ and likely find what you want in the px here. Decent amount of AT and AX in 308 and 6.5 come through here

If you plan to run the long action cartridges eventually then get an AXSR.

If you buy used here you won’t loose much in resale if you decide you want to upgrade later

Barrels for the AT/AX are much easier and cheaper to acquire than MC/SR in the same calibers

As stated you can get the SFP bolt/mag/barrel for the sr

You could save some $$ and likely find what you want in the px here. Decent amount of AT and AX in 308 and 6.5 come through here

If you plan to run the long action cartridges eventually then get an AXSR.

If you buy used here you won’t loose much in resale if you decide you want to upgrade later

Barrels for the AT/AX are much easier and cheaper to acquire than MC/SR in the same calibers

I've browsed the PX here for an AXMC, but I'm left handed, so it's been much harder to find a used LH AXMC!

I've browsed the PX here for an AXMC, but I'm left handed, so it's been much harder to find a used LH AXMC!
I picked up an AT and AXMC from here

The AXMC don’t come up very often. Seems like more AXSR

My AI’s
7EA1EA03-5B1A-4023-B4B5-276F4CC755CB.jpeg