• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing AZ Bear Down

ARodPDT117

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
My buddies and I went out this weekend and ended up getting a bear Friday morning. Unfortunately is was the only one we saw, but that is pretty decent for public hunting in AZ for two days of hunting. She had the best coat any of us had ever seen and the best coat the taxidermist had ever seen. Jet black glossy, no rub marks, scars or white patches. She was 350 pounds based off chest/breast measurement system and just shy of 6' foot, she was a short fat and a very large sow as far as AZ is concerned. We named her Oprah...

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

Second photo is the killer.

Re: AZ Bear Down

Also, sorry for the quality these are the phone pictures, we haven't uploaded all the camera pics yet.

I gald someone finally took that Oprah out of the herd. I loved my time in AZ. It really is a sportsmans Paradise.

it is definitely a great place to hunt and the over the counter tags provide a lot of opportunities to just get out and be in the woods (archery deer and turkey, rifle bear, and even some depredation hunts, which a 419" bull was killed on this year already) especially since drawing tags seems to be rather difficult for me, ha ha

we got her in 24a...which is north of Globe

There has been bear sighted in High Country Pines housing right by Heber almost could hunt of my friends back deck. Nice bear that you got.