• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AZ Precision + Short Action Customs = Awesome!

kindred_spirits

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
Jamison, PA
Just got my Remington 700 barreled action back from Short Action Customs, and my bolt back from AZ Precision. These guys do fantastic work!

I had the barreled action Cerakoted sniper grey by SAC. AZ Precision did the bolt work. I got the shroud modification, aluminum firing pin assembly, Phoenix bolt knob, and the entire bolt Cerakoted sniper grey as well.

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

I highly recommend these guys!

Re: AZ Precision + Short Action Customs = Awesome!

Thanks a lot for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Go easy on the bolt. C-series takes 5 days to cure.

Really try to keep the action clean on the inside. No dirt, no oil/lube unless you want a tad bit of grease on the rear of the lugs.

And thanks for showin off my new Shroud modification!

Keith Johns, AZ Precision

Keith, can you elaborate more on your shroud modification? What is different? Or should I just go to your website and check first...
smile.gif

Apologies to OP for thread jacking... I have purchased a bolt knob by Keith before and it is indeed a great product, not to mention fast turnaround and immediate communication.

Shroud mod isnt on my site and is for Hide members only.

It's $20. That includes re-finishing in Cerakote.

I cut it as shown above. 60 degree shoulders instead of rounded factory look.

I just got my bolt back as well, No need for pics because it looks just like yours. Nice work Keith, and thanks again.

Jeff.

With our powers combined we're "SHORT ACTION PRECISION".......

Ok bad joke.

Keith needs to move to Ohio and help me out! Its great weather up here in Ohio....Mild winters, it is warm, no wind and sunny 300 days of the year!

Thanks for the post.

Mark