• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AZPRECISION Cerakote pics

Blackburn

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2007
Prescott Valley, Arizona
As a good many of you have already found out, Brad and Keith at AZPRECISION do some outstanding work. I just wanted to show you my .338 Edge after they put the finishing touches on it. I have had the rifle for almost a year before having some kind of finish done to it. And since they live very close to me it was only natural for them to do the work. Keith did another quality job on the bolt knob and Brad coated the rifle with Cerakote. I picked out the colors that I wanted and told them what I was looking for and they did the rest. Maybe I am partial, but I think they did an awesome job.
338Edge028.jpg

338Edge024.jpg

338Edge026.jpg

338Edge019.jpg

338Edge009.jpg

338Edge004.jpg

Re: AZPRECISION Cerakote pics

Who's break have you got on it. I like the top ports.
Nice looking rig.

Thanks for posting pictures Tim and for the comments guys.

This was my first multi-color project. Proper surface prep is crucial to a durable finish. Cerakote needs a surface it can bond to.

The Cerakote job looks excellent.

I personally Cerakoted my 5R in their armor black. I used a relatively cheap paint gun and a home oven. Prep was w/ acetone and baking in the over for an hour @ 150 deg F.

From the pictures, quality seems to be much higher than what I was able to personally achieve. My finish is barely uneven, while the finish is too thick and VERY abrasive. Its a ranch gun that gets the hell beat out of it, so it works for me.

That said, I'd <span style="font-style: italic">highly</span> recommending using a professional such as AZShooter. Again, looks like top-notch work.

Nice rifle too.

Thanks. I learned a lot doing this stock. My surface prep needs to improve for better adhesion. I'll do some things differently next time... We'll see how it holds up.

It's mostly a range gun but Tim wanted it to blend with the terrain in this area. He plans on using it for his elk hunt.

We are in Prescott Valley together. I'm actually coating bolt knobs for Keith and mostly do stocks and rifles of ours and friends at this point.

Ahhhhh.....

I had talked to Keith about trying a 1911 in cerakote a while back. It'll brobably be still in "project" stage for a while though. Thanks for the reply!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAWPower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Cerakote job looks excellent.

I personally Cerakoted my 5R in their armor black. I used a relatively cheap paint gun and a home oven. Prep was w/ acetone and baking in the over for an hour @ 150 deg F.

From the pictures, quality seems to be much higher than what I was able to personally achieve. My finish is barely uneven, while the finish is too thick and VERY abrasive. Its a ranch gun that gets the hell beat out of it, so it works for me.

That said, I'd <span style="font-style: italic">highly</span> recommending using a professional such as AZShooter. Again, looks like top-notch work.

Nice rifle too. </div></div>

The abrasive finish texture could be due to the HVLP spray gun adjusted incorrectly. I adjust to a a soft spray. Test the gun empty by spraying air into the palm of your hand first. I also hold the gun about 4" away from the piece. Plan your spray pattern before you start.