• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B-14R Triggertech Diamond issues - help request

stevieb92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I installed a new Triggertech Diamond single stage flat trigger in my B-14R and it drops the firing pin on every cycle of the bolt. I've searched and haven't found the definitive answer to the issue I'm having with my setup. The rifle is still in the HMR stock and factory bottom metal. There don't appear to be any clearance issues there. Has anyone had this happen with their B-14R? If so, what was the fix? This isn't my first trigger install, but I'm guessing the sear height may be an issue.

I'm using the TT diamond to match my PRS rifle, so please don't suggest to sell it and replace it with X brand trigger. I'd like to keep the TT diamond and get it to work. Thanks.

Interesting turn of events. I have two TT diamond triggers that are new in box. Out of curiousity, I tried the second one. It worked flawlessly in the B-14R. I dry fired it almost 50 times (with a spent case in the chamber of course) and bump tested it and it never dropped the firing pin without me depressing the trigger. I swapped the other TT diamond back in and the same issues surfaced. Hmmm... Weird... I might give Triggertech a call next week and see if they want to take a look at the one that wasn't working.

I had that happen with a Timney trigger in another rifle before, I had to increase the trigger pull weight to fix it. Apparently the trigger weight was too low to be able to hold it in the cocked position.

I've had both of my TT Diamond single stages set down as low as they would go and never had that problem with them.

Well either one of the trigger groups is set too light out of the box for the rifle or you have a defective trigger.
What are the pull weights that the two triggers are set at?

If the one that is firing upon cocking is set much lower adjust it higher to eliminate the problem, if not send it back to TT as a defect.
But you need to know the weights the two triggers are breaking at.

I've had that problem with multiple TT triggers, and even on a 2 stage. Do remember that TT had a recall a while back. Maybe the dud one was within that serial range. Just get a replacement from TT. They will do right by you, I'm sure of it.

I almost exclusively use timney in all my rifles, only because I had to keep getting replacements from triggertech, and that sucked in aussie land.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Another turn of events. About a week ago, I ordered a Zermatt Origin action for a new build and picked it up today. I installed the "defective" trigger into that action and it worked flawlessly. So, for now, both diamond triggers work great in the actions they are installed in. It's an interesting situation, but I think I'll let it be and run them both for awhile and see what happens.

Reactions: iceng