• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&C 1000 With Surgeon Bottom Metal Inletting?

Specialized

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
Highland, IN
So I recently had a Rem 700 .308 SPS AAC-SD drop into my lap, and I've decided to do a medium-to-1000yd rifle project. Going to sell the factory Hogue stock (what was Remington thinking? You couldn't shoot balloons at the fair with this thing), and would like to sit this into a Bell and Carlson model 1000. I'd also like to use the Surgeon R700 bottom metal with it. I know I read somewhere on here that B&C sells 1000's with the inletting for the Surgeon bottom metal, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to order it from, or where -- and now I can't even find the post I read that from. I've also figured out that my google-fu is not pure and of the spirit, but that's a different topic. Anyway, can someone shed any light on whether I just dreamed this or, if not, where I can buy a properly-inletted 1000 in OD with black spider web? Any help would be much appreciated.

I do not recall ever seeing or hearing of a B&C inletted from the factory. However, get the stock you want and send it to Badger Ordnance and for less than $100 round trip they will inlet it for their bottom metal. PTG Stealth bottom metal has same inlet as Badger M5. I can't help with the Surgeon.