• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing B&C A5-fully adjustable -- Are We Being Too Picky?

Nine_Iron88

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
A friend and I are both rebuilding our .308s, as time, money and the wives permit, he just received his B&C A5 stock he had ordered and in pulling out of the box and inspecting it/dry fitting everything looks great...
except the metal channel in the fore end on the bottom of the stock (where the front sling swivel is mounted at the moment-sorry my terminology sucks I know) isn’t seated flush, it protrudes a quarter inch past the stock in the front and is lopsided slighted-in running a finger over it from side to side the left side feels smooth with the stock, but the right side is slightly higher giving a definitive bump.
Should we attempt to remove the metal piece and dremel out the channel to see if we can get it seated flush ourselves (neither of us are qualified smiths but I can handle a dremel), or is this something we should send it back for since any cutting on the stock will void out any warranty? Or are we just too picky...
I know it’s not the most expensive of stocks out there but its bothering both of us as I ordered one of these A5s too. Thanks.

Re: B&C A5-fully adjustable -- Are We Being Too Picky?

the only question here is does your friend want to wait for another stock to be shipped. B&C will certainly send you another. You could probably fix the prob yourselves but as you said the warranty would be voided.

The safest thing is send it back, but you'll have to wait.....and that is the bitch of it.

good luck

kt

Re: B&C A5-fully adjustable -- Are We Being Too Picky?

Does it hit the barrel at all? If it doesn't affect the rifle, and it is not externally noticable, and the gun shoots fine with it how it is, I wouldn't do anything about it. If it bothers you enough to grind on it yourself and you are worried about warranty, then you ought to send it back. If it affects the rifle somehow, then send it back.