• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

B.E. Meyers Glare Mout Focusing Lens

TheHebrewHammer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
I see the objective lens for the laser diode has threads in it. I was wondering if anyone has tried to create a focusing lens to set the focal point to infinity on these. I can do the math but with actual manufacturing I have no experience. Considering the unit has adjustable axis and a QD mount it seems like a sweet package to make a 125mw weapon mounted green laser.

I see the objective lens for the laser diode has threads in it. I was wondering if anyone has tried to create a focusing lens to set the focal point to infinity on these. I can do the math but with actual manufacturing I have no experience. Considering the unit has adjustable axis and a QD mount it seems like a sweet package to make a 125mw weapon mounted green laser.
Buy a home printer and try it

The issue is eye safety. Many green lasers emit an IR component as well....and 125mw is eyeball explosion levels of light energy.

I am well aware of how most green lasers are just ir laser diodes converted to green wavelength. I am also educated on the dangers of lasers. Let's skip past that part of the FP laser discussion.

I am well aware of how most green lasers are just ir laser diodes converted to green wavelength. I am also educated on the dangers of lasers. Let's skip past that part of the FP laser discussion.
I meant that was why they never made that lens AFAIK and not as a lecture in your direction lol. You are definitely a known quantity. I didn't communicate well though. Let me try again.

The GLARE MOUT was designed as a dazzler for checkpoints and stuff and they probably didn't want some grunt installing the war crimes lens just to see what it would do.

If you really want one, Torrey Pines will make just about anything you can imagine. They would be a good next stop - just expect a $1000 or so bill to come back with the lens.

If anyone made a 200mw or so green laser I would want one for the belt feds. Seems like a perfect device to have on a pintle mounted 240B.

:).

My bad, always see anytime there is a discussion on FP someone chimes in with the 'safety' aspect. I understand the original purpose and have used IZLIDs and similar products operationally. Just want to see if there are any guys on here interested in trying to manufacture something if I sent them one.