• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos B Meltons Tire Break-In

Re: B Meltons Tire Break-In

I had two of these. I'd have to rank them in the top ten best bikes of all time, although they were a rack to ride. With SATO low exhausts, at 9K rpm they sounded like a stock car tearing down the back straight of Talladega. Great bike, enjoy it. SATO low mount exhausts, PCIII, APV block off plates, K&N filter good for 135 actual rear wheell dyno with 79 lb-ft of torque.

RC51.org - the place for all things RC 51, including master tuner Dan Kyle at KyleUSA.com.

Torque for days! I have scared the hell out of my self plenty of times on a RC51.

Shooting forum BTW

I don't get it: The tires don't get broken-in, the bike doesn't move, <span style="font-style: italic">and</span> you need a new rear tire.
confused.gif

I need to get me a big VTwin with gear drive cams to see if it scares the...wait, I got that

BTW, this is a SHOOTING forum, not meat for other hobbies or interests....BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I break in my tires everytime I leave the house,or do they call that scuffing in and warming up? Street tires need to be warmed up on the way out of the hood to prevent those sideways roght and left turns into the traffic when the throttle opens a bit too much!

Spinning the tire heats the surface of the tire: If the tire is cold it heats the outside; if the tire is warm, spinning it up actually cools it.

To properly heat-cycle a tire you need to get it warm enough all the way through for traction to get predictable at the edges, not only for the outside layer of the rubber to get sticky.

I find it very hard to work these new production street tires hard enough on public roads to get them warm enough for any kind of serious cornering.

And burn-outs, if you're into that sort of thing, are best done on old tires that you don't want to destroy by doing a burn-out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spinning the tire heats the surface of the tire: If the tire is cold it heats the outside; if the tire is warm, spinning it up actually cools it.

To properly heat-cycle a tire you need to get it warm enough all the way through for traction to get predictable at the edges, not only for the outside layer of the rubber to get sticky.

I find it very hard to work these new production street tires hard enough on public roads to get them warm enough for any kind of serious cornering.

And burn-outs, if you're into that sort of thing, are best done on old tires that you don't want to destroy by doing a burn-out. </div></div>

Tirewarmers Graham. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tirewarmers Graham. lol </div></div>LOL! I never thought of that for the street. Maybe what I need is a chase vehicle.
wink.gif