• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
I'm 72 years old, and I just got my very first motorboat.

I'm having to do some restoration on it, and now I know that it is true that a boat is just a hole in the water that you throw money in.

B.O.A.T. is for Bring Out Another Thousand....

Actually, I'm not spending a whole lot. (Ain't got a whole lot.) The boat is a 1985 Fisher Aluminum Bass Boat. 16 ft., with a Johnson 75 Horse. The prop was tore up bad, so I sent it to propmd in Mn. They did excellent work. Looks new.
I hope to put it in the drink next week. I have a few good lakes near me, and I think I am going to really enjoy it.
My wife financed it for me, and is demanding I sell a gun to pay her back. Anyone want a SPAS 12?

Congrats! Just tell your wife what I tell mine when I buy another gun: At least I don't blow my money on drinkin' and whorin' (unless of course you do, in which case you have too many expensive hobbies my friend :D).

They say the best two days of boat ownership is the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I had many fun times in between those days. Many good times with the family on the lakes. Enjoy it while you got it.