• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes [b]Savage mounts[/b]

Rancherray

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
Mesa,Az
I'm building my first "tactical rifle", a Savage model 10. I'm mounting a Millet TRS-1 on it and would appreciate advice on the most cost effective bases and rings. I'm thinking Millet tactical rings and Burris tactical 2 piece bases? What ring height is the best?

Re: Savage mounts

I'd get a one piece 20 MOA base (if you want to shoot out to 1K) and Warne rings. Both available from Brownells 800-741-0015.
This would provide a lot more rugged setup for your scope.
Remember the Millet is a second focal plane scope and you can only range at one magnification using standard mil dot math.
You may want to read:
http://www.snipercentral.com/milletttrs.htm

Re: Savage mounts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggarrett1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Running a Warne 20 MOA 1 pc base & Burris XTR rings </div></div> +1

Go with the LOW's on a 50mm bell and smaller, I would have to check on a 56mm but that should also work with the LOW's