• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B & T APC 223??

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
Does anyone here have one they care to discuss? I picked up two 10.3 " ones, special editions, but I do not have em in hand yet. The one I played with looks and feels great but there is little information out there on them in anyone's hands. I read a few reviews but curious and I am debating the 300 BO also if I like the 223's enough. I know, they are over priced etc. etc. but different strokes type thing! I have so many darn AR's I really wanted something different for a change. I had a SCAR 16 and 17 and did not like either one. The B& T's are less than a FN and seem more refined. However, since they are so new they may not hold up! Only time will tell for sure. But if you have one let me know how you like it. Thanks

I know they had some issues…unsure if they have been fixed yet or not…

For what it’s worth…they have a weird recoil impulse from my take on it…the SCAR16 is smoother…

Does anyone here have one they care to discuss? I picked up two 10.3 " ones, special editions, but I do not have em in hand yet. The one I played with looks and feels great but there is little information out there on them in anyone's hands. I read a few reviews but curious and I am debating the 300 BO also if I like the 223's enough. I know, they are over priced etc. etc. but different strokes type thing! I have so many darn AR's I really wanted something different for a change. I had a SCAR 16 and 17 and did not like either one. The B& T's are less than a FN and seem more refined. However, since they are so new they may not hold up! Only time will tell for sure. But if you have one let me know how you like it. Thanks
I am in the same place as you, my 17 is meh, compared to my ACC and MWS. Not sure that I would sell the 17 but, sort of want something different. At the very least, it looks like B&T Supports caliber swaps.

I agree. I love the Scar but the ergonomics for just do not jive with me. I am ok with the looks of the stock but the cheek riser where I have to position the stock extended digs into my cheek and I hate it! Sure, I could have fashioned something for it etc.. but by the time you add a $ 320 trigger, cut the barrel (since I wanted the 16 to be an SBR) and replace the stock you have 4k rifle or more. The KRG stock is awesome but it is also 500! I wanted that one and then you have a 4500 scar!

Unless you do stock upgrade the factory BT stock (I think Dana Haga is your only go to with an ACR stock) is going to put your cheek too low…so if the SCAR stock bugs you…so will the BT…

I think a better choice will be a BREN 2 … or even a DRD APTUS or Paratus depending which caliber family you want.

Last edited:
Well. The CETME-L isn’t designed to compete with the AR…the CETME-L takes you back to a time…kind of like a M1A and FAL…

An AR is hard to beat…but many of us either have a nicely setup AR(s) and want something different…thus we explore SCARs, APCs, G36 clones etc…

Reactions: deersniper
I have one with a 8.75" barrel. Biggest hurdles right off the bat were getting a suppressor rated for that length (Surefire SB2) and as mentioned above; finding a decent stock. I went Haga ACR conversion and it fits me like a glove. Rifle is accurate and recoil is minimal. No function issues thus far. Fit and finish are really nice. I bought it for the same "try something different" rational. That being said, it is really nice but doesn't do anything and better than my other DI rifles.

Is the factory B & T compatible with the Surefire SB2 or did you have to swap the muzzle device? I know B & T makes supp. also, but the Surefire would be more universal for other guns for me.

It fits and locks up but I could not get anyone to confirm compatibility. Swapped out with an extra SF brake on hand just to be safe. The TBD B&T cans are supposed to be compatible with a2 and standard mounts.

Do the ones you bought have the standard or the PRO lower?

Just shot an APC 223 the other day, and with my Nomad-L and the gun set to the “suppressed” setting it was a real joy to shoot. A lot of fun! Cool sounding mechanically too.

I decided to get the 8.75 one and here she is-

B& T makes an adapter for a milspec buffer tube. It is sweet- I had it one my 10mm B & T and moved it over for now. It cycles very smoothly and little recoil, even with the short barrel. Accuracy is impressive, 77 Noslers grouped 3/4 moa and same with 75 Fronteir, which is nice because that is pretty cheap ammo! I threw a 1-6 scope on it to test it out but will use an M5.

I like to evaluate guns recoil by having non shooters use them. My girlfriend shoot it and she loved it! She felt like it was less recoil than a 13.9 AR I brought with a warcomp. Just to give a comparison on the feel. Overall I am very happy with it so far. Fired over 100 rds so far and has great ergos. I am not sold on the 10mm though. A bit jumpy for what it is.

Reactions: SoundFx
After the sig San Swiss series the Apc are my favorite military configuration rifles.
Yes some of the older gens did not feed hollow points but that was a small fix and the newer gens don’t have that issue.

The build quality and machining is second to none. My scars looked like toys compared to my apc 308 and 300.
Currently, I no longer have any more scars in my collection but Swiss Guns (Bt and sig) just keep multiplying.
Swiss manufacturing is just at a much higher standard than most other countries.

btw the stocks are meant to ride low, and so you use a low mount optic. This is done intentionally so that there isn’t much discrepancy with muzzle to point of impact. I personally like to run the acr stock most

scars are still awesome though so no hate there

Last edited: